1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Rat Chat is down for an upgrade.

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Hindsight, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    Hey guys just wanted to let you all know that Rat Chat is being upgraded, so it may be down for a while. So bring any of your questions and conversations to this forum. I will keep you posted on how things are progressing and when Rat Chat is back up and running. Thanks for your patience and we will get it back up and running as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Joshua

Cutshaw: And is now back! Thanks, Josh.

http://www.swampratknifeworks.com/ratchat/forum.php

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
  2. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    WooHoo!

Josh is in the House!!

Thanks Josh, appreciate the updates.

Eric

3. magoo48

magoo48

Jan 11, 2009
    Thanks for the update, Hindsight. ;)

4. Ian Allomes

Ian Allomes

Apr 28, 2003
    Thanks for the update. :cool:
    Ian.

5. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Thanks mate! :)

6. ragnerok

ragnerok Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Thanks a lot:thumbup:

7. Carl Theile

Carl Theile

Sep 9, 2002
    Hello? Anyone there? :rolleyes:

Obviously still down, is there any speculation about when we will be back up?

-carl

8. Hindsight

Dec 8, 2011
    Sorry for the delay. We are still working on the upgrade. I am sure that we will have it back up and running soon. Untill then grab a beverage and hang out here. Thank you for your patience.

Joshua

9. magoo48

magoo48

Jan 11, 2009
    Thanks for the update........mmmmm new Swampwater !! ;)

10. Carl Theile

Carl Theile

Sep 9, 2002
    Magoo-
    Swampwater goes well with Tequila (ta-kill-ya) as long as there ain't too much swampwater. Stumpwater- now that is different.
    -carl

11. magoo48

magoo48

Jan 11, 2009
    "Swamp Water (original) Cocktail Recipe
    Cocktail Ingredients:

1. Absolut Citron - 1 oz.
    2. Apricot Brandy - 1 oz.
    3. Sweet & Sour Mix - 5 oz.
    4. Lemon Lime Soda - 5 oz.

Cocktail Mixing Instructions:

A SHOT OF LIME VODKA, A SHOT OF APRICOT BRANDY. FILL THE REMAINDER OF THE 12 OZ. GLASS WITH HALF SWEET AND SOUR MIX, HALF 7-UP. IT TASTES KIND OF LIKE KOOL-AID!

Serve in a Shot Glass"

I see why that would be called Swamp water, Carl......the website I got it from only gave it 3 out of 5 stars......

But if you say so - let's get some Tequila !! ;)

12. Hindsight

Dec 8, 2011
    If it tastes like kool-aid why serve in a shot glass. Make mine a 48oz. :eek:

13. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator

Nov 30, 2001
    I like the way you think hindsight! :)

14. Carl Theile

Carl Theile

Sep 9, 2002
    Magoo-
    ...Get some Tequila? You mean get some MORE Tequila I bet. Actually, I don't like to corrupt that smooth agave juice with mixes. But a stumpwater chaser might do.
    -carl

15. Carl Theile

Carl Theile

Sep 9, 2002
    Stumpwater:
    Usually procured from a rotten stump, it is a dark coffee color. Filter through a sock and mix 50/50 with white lightning (also known as 'shine or moonshine) wait 30 minutes till the vermin croak and serve at room temperature. I like to add Lapsang Souchong to the stumpwater, warm to 188 degrees, steep, then filter and add the shine.

Maskes a great chaser for very good Tequila.
    -carl

16. magoo48

magoo48

Jan 11, 2009
    Now that sound like Haute couture, Carl. A man of culture and taste !! ;)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  17. Carl Theile

Carl Theile

Sep 9, 2002
    ...as seen in all of the back alleys of Paris and/or Amsterdam. Truly international!
    -carl

18. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Just tried a sample today of a new Captain Morgan product, it has Tequila in it. I do honestly think the space time continuum shifted slightly. :confused:

19. Carl Theile

Carl Theile

Sep 9, 2002
    ...I agree. I stick with the "pure" stuff- don't like additives of any kind. If I mix a drink it is in my belly.
    -carl

20. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    I tend to be a purist myself, the mix of rum and tequila was bizarre at best. Smelled of tequila, initial taste was tequila, then the rum came forward then the after taste was of coconut. Very disorienting.

Just give me a glass, some ice and a good bourbon whiskey. You'll have one happy camper on your hands. :)