Ratmandu Addiction

Vic, Bro good to see you around!!! Been along time. Totally agree with the RMD, outstanding knife.

I love my RMD and think its such a good blade. I really love it's always around since so many new rats can buy it and see how great the Rat knives are at a very good price.

2013-01-22_23-30-49_218.jpg

Favorite swamp knife and first Busse family blade i received. RMDx would be nice to try out.

I agree, I think it really boils down to the size of the RMD. It's too small to be very good at chopping, yet too big to be ideal for the finer tasks. Too thick to be a good slicer, yet too thin to be indestructable. Compromises are made for everything, and knives are no exception obviously.

That being said, I do prefer a 6" blade over 4.5"-5.5" for the added utility. I'm still not sure how I feel about 6" vs 8" though, as the 6" is easier to belt carry but not as good for chopping. Compromises, indeed......

I would for one argue about it being indestructible. Baring plain stupidity I can not think of a task that would break a 3/16 inch thick hardened piece of tool steel and the FFG models slice extremely well.

I share the same addiction, i have the third on order, and not the last i think, i just have to find the next color combo after muddy black paper, green black canvas and sage black canvas...

Trever hooked me up on one of these... and like Andy the Aussie it was love at first hold. The slightly longer blade makes it UBER-Sexy!!! :eek: :cool:

IMG_0942.jpg

How do I get a long ratmandu? Custom shop?

And who makes that sheath? I like the leather loop.

Last edited:
I believe there were some protos that were longer and the RMDx is longer as well. I dont think either is available for purchase anymore. Im sure someone with more knowledge will be by here to corect me if im wrong.

You could go thru custom shop and order a rodent 6 without the top gaurd and it would be like a badass longer thicker RMD.

The scales on the bottom one. What is that? Looks like micarta but the contrast is almost G10 black & tan territory.

The bottom one has black canvas scales. I put some mineral oil on it to darken it up, it does have a nice patern to it, and it's a stock CG.

Last edited:
Back