Ratmandu Addiction

Got my first Rat -- an RMD thanks to a generous member here. I'm loving it and can't wait to take it out and use thoroughly.

Oh yeah, azwelke kydex is on order already...

p1010500u.jpg

Got my first Rat -- an RMD thanks to a generous member here. I'm loving it and can't wait to take it out and use thoroughly.

Oh yeah, azwelke kydex is on order already...

p1010500u.jpg

That is seriously beautiful. What scales are those?

The P-30 is a nice addition. :thumbup:

Thanks! Those are red and black G10 scales. My favorite combo at this time along with satin blade. P30 makes a nice prop. :p

Nice, love that FFG RMD... my favorite knife and im waiting on another now :)

Interesting enough I didn't realize its a FFG until I had it in hand. Was it custom ordered you think?
Worldwood you got one of those with the blue/black g10 right?

Yes it has the custom shop logo on the blade too.

Green/black and one on the way with black canvas micarta

here is a pic, you can see the middle one is FFG, the others are not

dsc00893rj.jpg

Interesting enough I didn't realize its a FFG until I had it in hand. Was it custom ordered you think?
Worldwood you got one of those with the blue/black g10 right?

Yep, it's an attractive variant and is called the SE as in Special / Show Edition introduced at Blade 2012. I had 3, now 2 of them including one in Red/Black G10.

And I wasn't kidding when I said I like the RMD...here's several of mine..

photo-1376.jpg

Yep, it's an attractive variant and is called the SE as in Special / Show Edition introduced at Blade 2012. I had 3, now 2 of them including one in Red/Black G10.

And I wasn't kidding when I said I like the RMD...here's several of mine..

photo-1376.jpg

Wow that's quite the collection!

I just love the Ratmandu. I think I have purchased four of five of them. I sold some when they were off the market a while. I got my first at Blade maybe 2007 or 2009. I forget. Today I ordered one in tanker gray and black paper micarta. I hope they never stop making that model. It's my favorite 5" blade knife of all time.

How do you compare the Rodent 6 to the RMD? If you could only take one in the field with you. I love my RMD, but am thinking of something a little thicker.
Thanks

How do you compare the Rodent 6 to the RMD? If you could only take one in the field with you. I love my RMD, but am thinking of something a little thicker.
Thanks

R6 isn't just thicker, it's larger in most every measure. RMD can do a lot I've used them for many tasks to include chopping, food prep, fire prep, and general camping chores...it raerly leaves me wanting for much.

Holy Cow DD that is not a problem that is an awesome collection. :thumbup:

Back