Rats command primo prices on ebay

My sweet story of finding some swamprats for cheap on Ebay. But, what I've gotten out is a whole bunch of laughs. If you took out the band of haters comments from it, it would be a way better thread.

300 for a CT, whodathunkit?
153.gif

If someone is willing to pay that much then terrific, they are getting a great knife for a price they are willing to pay. I would be far more inclined to wait for the new line. It's entirely the sellers/buyers business however. Now where did I put that smiley for beating a dead horse? ;) :D

UffDa said:
I just took a look at eBay and there is a Camp Tramp going for $293.88 with 6 days to go. :eek: There were 20 bids the first day! Maybe we should have a lottery to see how high this one goes. (Just kidding)

Take a look at the bid history. I bet you the guy selling that has all 3 ebay accounts and is just doing it for a joke.

My friend paid $220 for Camp Tramp. I thought that was a bit high. He wishes he didn't pay that much for it now. But, it's still a whole lot better than $300.

Haroldscrew:

You could be right. Of the 2 bidders with histories, one is also in Oklahoma City. Bidding on your own auction is a flagrant violation of eBay rules. He wouldn't be doing that, would he? ;)

I don't know if I would call it a joke. He could just be jacking up the price with the hope that a real bidder will get auction fever.

On the other hand, a CT did sell for $291 and that was an honest sale. We'll have to see what happens with this one

The Camp Tramp is surely a great knife. If I did not own one, I'd too pay whatever amount necessary to get my paws on it. I think many people are uncertain if the Respirene C will be on the new line so that's why the prices are skyrocking. Then again, a Ratweiler went for $360 :eek:
I'm confused now and need another drink.

greens said:
The Camp Tramp is surely a great knife. If I did not own one, I'd too pay whatever amount necessary to get my paws on it. I think many people are uncertain if the Respirene C will be on the new line so that's why the prices are skyrocking. Then again, a Ratweiler went for $360 :eek:
I'm confused now and need another drink.

That is undoubtedly a good blade. I personally have no use for one, but a part of me wishes I had bought a couple before the big demand spike- I could have funded a few knives from the new line, easy.:thumbup:

What gets me are the battle rats seem to be selling for less than the camp tramps? When I got my tan CT (yes, off of ebay, yes at a premium of $280 but I did get two sheaths...and it's tan...umm...yeah...right..anyway), I was surprised how large it is, but durn i love that res c handle.

INFI&Beyond said:
What gets me are the battle rats seem to be selling for less than the camp tramps? When I got my tan CT (yes, off of ebay, yes at a premium of $280 but I did get two sheaths...and it's tan...umm...yeah...right..anyway), I was surprised how large it is, but durn i love that res c handle.

Generally, shorter blades are in more demand due to versatility. I remember seeing mint Battle Mistress E's for $250 on exchange forum. That was much less than what badger III and Sh-e were going for.

Oh my GOD!! A Battle Rat for sale on BF $400, a bit steep but there is also a BR for $200ish whats the deal with "through hardened"??? Is there really a difference from "differentially tempered"? A Tramp for over $300 too! Man I know my Battle Rat is not goin anywhere for any price!!:p

The one bidding on the CT has a "zero" for Feedback. :grumpy: He failed to respond to ANY of my emails, so I've blocked him from further bidding.
The other guy does have feedback, so I hope that's the one that paid for another posters knife.

I never thought it would get that high, but hey, I have my new Heavy Heart to fund !!!

Besides, I have two RW's on order (who doesn't?) so the CT would be just too much overlap.........great feeling handle, tho........

Rory696 said:
Oh my GOD!! A Battle Rat for sale on BF $400, a bit steep but there is also a BR for $200ish whats the deal with "through hardened"??? Is there really a difference from "differentially tempered"? A Tramp for over $300 too! Man I know my Battle Rat is not goin anywhere for any price!!:p

I never saw that, are you sure it was here?:confused:

Back