Ratweiler

Asked Josh today and said their moving through the shop but nothing set in stone. Prolly Near future?¿? Which I hope isn't until next month after getting dinged for CH&SKINNER today.

I also got dinged today for the chophouse ordered 11/3, nothing for the Ratweiler ordered 10/23... *shrug*

Naaah... I figured you were making a joke. See my last post. I'm content to wait now. Especially since I just picked up an INFIdu from the exchange, AND got dinged on my BGTG.

No worries. I was being serious; they will usually give you a realistic timeframe if you simply call or e-mail and ask. :thumbup:

Roger that. Good to know. I may try that in the future. But I figure they have enough to do, and I don't want to be bothering them. Just practice my patience. And wait and hope for the pleasant surprise, like my ding in the BGTG was. The Ratweiler is probably my next most anticipated buy. Actually, maybe more eager for it than the BGTG. But I'll just wait patiently.

I wonder when the INFIweiler, in nuclear meltdown guise, will be released. He he he.

I'm thinking we all will get dinged within the next couple weeks...I ordered mine 10/21 so its 14 weeks now.....getting closer cant wait to get my hands on this blade:eek::D

Gentlemen,
I've recently become very interested in Busse-kin knives, and now I'm trying to figure out how best to get one (or a few :)
(I do like the looks of the ratweiler!)
My pops is also very interested and he and I would likely get a few each for ourselves.
I sadly know very little about how Busse does business with regards to how they sell and move their knives. I DO know that they are made in batches, and are often sold out very quickly, and that a customer normally has to wait anywhere from a couple of weeks on in two months for their blade.
How do I get notified when there stock of inventory is back/accepting new orders?
I'm really trying to get my hands on some of the scrap yard line because they are a little bit more affordable than the rats, but :) I couldn't find the scrapyard subforum.
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.scrapyardknives.com/home/
Last time I looked, everything was out of stock there. Swamp Rat has some models available for order. Busse Combat is only doing their "every week special." If you don't want to wait an inordinate amount of time, go Swamp Rat. Built just as good. Same steel as a lot of the Busse releases lately. The Ratmandu is a favorite. If you want bigger, the Rodent 6 is a beast, and the Rodent 9 is a fantastic chopper. Time is money. If you want them faster, Swamprat is probably the way to go. Swampratknifeworks.com. You can also go to bussecombat.com and sign up for their newsletter, which will let you know when the next sale comes up (should be today!). But beware: that can separate even a strong-willed man from a lot of his money.

Welcome!
You're in the right place, but I think you will also find that the Busse sub forum receives a lot more traffic than any of the others, so you might be able to find faster answers there. Also keep an eye out on the for sale section above the Busse forum.

nothing here, got dinged for the chophouse but nothing since on that end either...

I got dinged, and received, the BGTG. The best I remember, I irdered the Ratweiler very shortly after the BGTG. So, maybe soon?!

Some of us placed our 'Weiler orders nearly 3yrs ago... ;) ;) So lets not go comparing longest waits... :D

Well I proudly own a Satin Ratweiler L.E --- which is thin and makes me grin. Alas, I couldn't say no to a fatty CG -- so I'm really forward to it. If it comes in and weighs around 21 oz --- it could be a fantastic Jack of all trades knife --- so long as the edge is re profiled and the shoulders thinned down to help it effectively cut and bite deep

Back