1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ratweiler

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Maqua, Dec 4, 2015.

1. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Me too! Sage/black

2. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Dinged for my sage/black skinny as well.

3. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Me too.

4. Cyo

Cyo Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Still waitin

5. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Dinged almost a week ago now. No shipping notice yet, though. That's alright, though. I need to call them tomorrow and give them a different address, because I'm going on long-term travel, and I'm hoping to get them to send it to where I'll be beginning Monday.

6. jimmay

jimmay

May 27, 2011
    Finally got dinged! I was getting depressed.

7. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    Just have them send it to me, I'll hold on for it for you. Might be a little used though [emoji6]

8. dogboye

Nov 23, 1999
    Hey, thanks for the offer, unwisefool. 👍😂

9. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    Oh haha we actually live in the same state!

10. dogboye

Nov 23, 1999
    Yeah. I noticed that. Nice dog in your avatar. Is that a Belgian Malinois?
    I guess anyone can see from mine why I'm excited to get a RATweiler.
    Gotta stay on topic. 😉

11. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    No, he's a German Shepherd. He has a lot of red in him which is a little uncommon, but he's a great dog. Just turned 10. Your dog looks great too!

12. dogboye

Nov 23, 1999
    Thanks. He's about 2.5. Looks like the perfect Rott, except he's too small. Smallest one I've seen that's pure. But he's an inch too short to show. Not that I'd particularly want to. But just that he's unusually small.

13. Cyo

Cyo Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Received my notice for a blue/black/tanker skinny, now to wait...

14. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    You know what they say about DY-NO-Mite? He looks beautiful, loyal, and just like your best friend.

FELLOW RATS>>>Please keep me in mind if you have too many Ratweiler's and need to shed one! I will give her a good home and feed her all the wood she can eat. She will grow up fat and sassy!
    I can pay a tad extra for the right pedigree! (black on black) I know beggars can't be chooser's but...my old 60 y/o arthritic hands need Micarta to hang onto. So Black with Black Micarta slabs. How about $250. AND I throw in a Morgan silver dollar? :)

I reserve the right to go crazy....

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  15. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    SHIPPING NOTICE ON MY SKINNY!!!!

3/16" ratweiler headed my way, should be here Wednesday :cool:

16. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    Ha just got my notification as well

17. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Me too. Yipskittlydoo. :D Shipped quick after ding.👍

18. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    less than two weeks :)

19. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    Thanks but no way, I'm hanging on to the Ratweilers.
    They will likely become family heirlooms handed down to my kids. But good luck in your search. :thumbup:

20. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    My tan canvas micarta over black blade showed up Monday :) I got the 1/4in thick blade and it is a freaking tank! Nice thick point but the main edge is nice and thin. Nice to have both qualities in a rough use blade! Well done Swamprat!!!