• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Really good& bad experience with reate

The bad part is, to me, that the dealer from whom the OP purchased the knife did not reveal that the pivot screw was stripped. However, If that is not the case, meaning the OP got it for a good discounted price knowing the pivot issue, then really nothing is bad in this whole story.
I bought it a price it would sell on bf as a user. The website never said anything about the screws being extremely stripped there was absolutely nothing to catch my torques head in.

The bad part is, to me, that the dealer from whom the OP purchased the knife did not reveal that the pivot screw was stripped. However, If that is not the case, meaning the OP got it for a good discounted price knowing the pivot issue, then really nothing is bad in this whole story.
I bought it a price it would sell on bf as a user. The website never said anything about the screws being extremely stripped there was absolutely nothing to catch my torques head in.

Oh, well, that seems like it would be bad on the dealer, not on Reate.
dealers dont take apart knives. if it was previously owned then its up to the prior owner to disclose any issues imho. was it being sold as is?

the previous owner of mine didnt disclose the issue to me. he does some really crappy work so i dont want to tell him its messed up, as i dont want to deal with them. rather just go through the process of trying to fix it through warranty.

Thank you. iirc i do have one pivot screw the previous owner sent. but i cant get the screw out of the pivot collar so i need a pivot collar more than i need the screw.

i dont really want to drill out the screw thats in there. not sure how the threads look since its stuck and all.

will any pivot collar work? the above post said that they are custom to each knife but some how a newly made one worked?

If it's a model with pivot collar then it may need to be fitted. I'm very anti-pivot collar.

One thing you can do is take a heat gun and try to loosen the loctite. If you don't get a response soon send me an email and I'll message David the owner.

Ive seen this a lot where guys take a part knives that they shouldn't be. You can easily strip screws, especially if you are using incorrect bits.

Reactions: Mo2
Back