Recommend me a Knife less than 2.5 inch, my Emerson CQC-14 2.7 inch is now "illegal"

You won't be "protected" with a 2.5 knife. If you are that worried about safety I would suggest taking some self defense classes. Or moving.

ZT0900 or DPX HEAT will work for you if I understood what you were asking?

My vote here is to jump to something so harmless that your enrollment isn't endangered. That's a tougher sentence than the misdemeanor for anything else, since you'll still be on the hook for what you owe. There are a lot of more effective tools of protection, from a 1L Kleen-Kanteen to a smallish flashlight, high quality pen, or good running shoes. As much as there are times to stand for your rights, its a little different with a private institution who can do a lot more damage than the government can with much less oversight.

My vote here is to jump to something so harmless that your enrollment isn't endangered. That's a tougher sentence than the misdemeanor for anything else, since you'll still be on the hook for what you owe. There are a lot of more effective tools of protection, from a 1L Kleen-Kanteen to a smallish flashlight, high quality pen, or good running shoes. As much as there are times to stand for your rights, its a little different with a private institution who can do a lot more damage than the government can with much less oversight.

Steel toed boots are a favorite of mine. I suppose you better know how to land a kick first, though.

I love my CRKT ICHI when I need a small blade. (2.5" blade)

It's no ZT, Bencmade, Emerson, etc...but it is pretty handy when I need a discreet non-threatening knife. (For some reason my ZT560 doesn't always sit well with everyone at work?)

The ICHI is discontinued but you can find them pretty cheap if you search.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436490775.042062.jpg

My Emerson CQC-14 2.7 in. blade is now not allowed at a UC Campus, and I want to follow the rules but also be protected.

http://emersonknives.com/shop/cqc-14/cqc-14-snubby/

http://www.adminpolicies.ucla.edu/pdf/131.pdf

"It is prohibited to bring or possess on the campus ot
her types of weapons capable of inflicting great
bodily injury or death (hereinafter referred to
as “lethal weapons”), unless it is with the written permission of the UCLA Police Chief. Examples of such lethal weapons include but are not limited to
large knives, ice picks, daggers or other similar in
struments. The applicable Penal Code prohibition
applies to any knife or similar implement with a fixed blade longer that 2.5 inches."

Now this small Emerson knife that is 2.7 inches which I specifically bought to be under the 3 inch law in most locations is now made illegall. What would you suggest for a 2.5 inch or smaller knife? I'd like recommendations to be less then 2.5 inch, even though 2.5 inch is legal. I am worried about the next law the school passes which limits the length below 2.5 inches at some point in the future. Preferably above 2 inch.

I really like the Emerson wave feature but unfortunately none of the folder-wave Emersons are under 2.5 inch. I have been researching the La Griffe by Emerson

http://emersonknives.com/product-category/knives/la-griffe-the-knives/

All of the Emerson Karambits are over 2.5 inches. I want something durable, something I can take apart and clean. Plus I like the Emerson Chisel grind. However I'm open to other brands, just give me your recommendations please I'm open to anything and everything. Even if its not a knife and a folder that holds the box cutter blades.

Got a fixed k-bit that is 2.5" in blade length.

Back