Recommendations for small/tiny quality folders

It has a blade that's over 2.5" but this guy is just about Busker-sized (closed it's a wee bit longer and a wee bit narrower) and I'm really impressed with mine so far:

ksVyp7Y.jpg

It has a blade that's over 2.5" but this guy is just about Busker-sized (closed it's a wee bit longer and a wee bit narrower) and I'm really impressed with mine so far:

ksVyp7Y.jpg
I ordered this as well. I was waiting for this for awhile. I'm really looking forward to the patina it will develop.

What about Quest Knives?

I'm assuming a flipper and lockbar are easy enough to operate for you. They have the Kutzu 2.2 Flipper with tons of custom options and the Kwaiken 2.0 Wharncliffe that should be small in the pocket. They've been on my list if I ever have money burning a hole in my pocket.

Not sure if I can link them here, but Google should point you in the right direction.

I just ordered a custom Mini Kwaiken 2.0. Thank you everyone for your recommendations, but the Quest Knives Mini Kwaiken 2.0 for my needs exactly. I like the Olamic Busker, I probably will but one eventually, but the Quest Kwaiken 2.0 is exactly what I was looking for.

Alinla, thank you so much for your recommendation. I'll make sure to take upload some pictures when it arrives.

I just ordered a custom Mini Kwaiken 2.0. Thank you everyone for your recommendations, but the Quest Knives Mini Kwaiken 2.0 for my needs exactly. I like the Olamic Busker, I probably will but one eventually, but the Quest Kwaiken 2.0 is exactly what I was looking for.

Alinla, thank you so much for your recommendation. I'll make sure to take upload some pictures when it arrives.

I hope it works out well for you. I'd love to hear your review when you get it.
Did you customize it when ordering?

Hi. I haven't read every post, so I don't know if this has already been mentioned or not. CRK small Inkosi. Although at 2.75", its blade length is a tad over your preferred blade length.

Jim

Hi. I haven't read every post, so I don't know if this has already been mentioned or not. CRK small Inkosi. Although at 2.75", its blade length is a tad over your preferred blade length.

Jim
Already have one. I don't blame you for not reading the entire thread. If I was in your position and wasn't looking for a tiny folder, I wouldn't read through the entire thread myself, lol. I want a Mnandi, but my left arm is paralyzed so I need it to be a little more one hand friendly. I contacted them, but I also have a love for uncommon blades, so the Quest Knives met and exceeded all of my demands. Eventually I'll buy an Mnandi, but I'll probably get the small Quest Kutzu next if this Kwaiken turns out as good as I think it will. Plus after talking with the owner of Quest Knives, Greg Goeckel, I'm all for buying another custom from him. The prices are good, in my opinion, and he was excellent. He was extremely nice and friendly and replied to me extremely quickly. As of right now, I like him and his knives a lot and he has my full support. I also spoke with Olamic and CRK and both of them were the same. I'm probably going to sell my big collection of knives soon and by a custom Olamic Busker and a CRK Macassar Mnandi, it has to be Macassar because I've been in love with ebony Macassar wood for the last 10 years. Unfortunately, it's very darn expensive or everything in my house would be made from Macassar.

Timascus clip and scale, with blurple hardware? I look forward to seeing your pics after you get it in hand. Sounds pretty nifty . . .

I'll definitely post some pics when I get it. I have to gloat and show it off, lol.

I saw that. I'm looking forward to that. I already have the Fox Knives production. It was $30 and it's a very good little knife for $30.

Last edited:
If it hasn’t been mentioned so far, might I hazard to mention the very excellent Fällkniven U2?

I have received my Quest Knives Micro Kwaiken 2.0. I also bought an Olamic Busker and a Curtiss Nano. I liked the Curtiss Nano more than I thought I would, I like the Olamic Busker a little less than I thought I would but not that much less (I had very high expectations), and I absolutely love my Quest Knives Micro Kwaiken 2.0. I will try to put up some pictures on Monday.
Anyway, I absolutely love my Quest Knives Micro Kwaiken 2.0! The action is excellent! It is impossible to get it to only partially open. I tried more than one hundred times to have it only partially open and not fully lock in and I failed. I didn't come even remotely close to getting it to partially open. The shape, size, ergonomics, and looks were all better than I expected. I like it so much that after I sell of most of my collection, I'll buy another one. I'm very impressed with the knife and Greg the owner, knife builder, customer service representative, etc (it's only him) is a super nice guy and instantly replied to any question I had. If anyone is thinking about ordering a knife from him (I love his Kutzu 2.2, but it's a bit thicker and stouter than I desire), don't hesitate. You will not be disappointed. I will be buying another Micro Kwaiken 2.0 from him relatively soon and probably will buy another knife from him as well. I will try to take some pictures of my entire collection. Again, thank you for all of your recommendations. If nobody told me about Quest Knives, I seriously doubt I would've discovered a knife that is exactly what I was looking for. So thank you.

Back