RED Friday

Jon0385

Gold Member
I figured I’d save everyone in the totin thread from my weekly RED Friday post of the same knives as usual, and create this one. Also, no disrespect to those in the Black Friday thread.

RED Friday is of significance to me for 2 reasons:
During football season the Friday before Gameday within “Chiefs Kingdom” is celebrated as Red Friday.
Most commonly known, RED is an acronym for Remember Everyone Deployed. I grew up a navy dependent while my dad served mostly aboard submarines, my uncle served 27 years in the Navy, my cousin served in the Army and deployed several times during the global war on terror, and I served a year in Arabian gulf during the global war on terror as well in addition to “normal” underway periods while stationed afloat performing several missions. Needless to say what service members and families endure I am quite familiar with.

With that I always carry and use red knives on Fridays. Because of “Fremont Friday” and “Fixed blade Friday” I targeted specific knives for this weekly observance. It’ll be interesting to see other RED Friday carry posts.

06B6921B-6D47-42BE-A13E-094ED6F2CEB6.jpeg

XdUMlAC.jpg

Purely by coincidence I carried a red knife today. Although I'm a Chiefs fan, I knew nothing of this "red Friday". Plus the Chiefs played last night so....🤔
Respect to all those who serve 🇺🇸
Vic Cadet
View attachment 1932182
They make a huge deal when the season starts. I think weekly it’s just a fan thing. This year they did an event at ball park village in St. Louis too.

I figured I’d save everyone in the totin thread from my weekly RED Friday post of the same knives as usual, and create this one. Also, no disrespect to those in the Black Friday thread.

RED Friday is of significance to me for 2 reasons:
During football season the Friday before Gameday within “Chiefs Kingdom” is celebrated as Red Friday.
Most commonly known, RED is an acronym for Remember Everyone Deployed. I grew up a navy dependent while my dad served mostly aboard submarines, my uncle served 27 years in the Navy, my cousin served in the Army and deployed several times during the global war on terror, and I served a year in Arabian gulf during the global war on terror as well in addition to “normal” underway periods while stationed afloat performing several missions. Needless to say what service members and families endure I am quite familiar with.

With that I always carry and use red knives on Fridays. Because of “Fremont Friday” and “Fixed blade Friday” I targeted specific knives for this weekly observance. It’ll be interesting to see other RED Friday carry posts.

View attachment 1932135
First of all, Jon, thank you and your family for your service. That sentiment can never be expressed enough to those who have served.

For RED Friday, I have switched it up…

spPBHVV.jpg

I had no idea Jon was going to institute RED Friday. I'm sure I won't plan my carries with RED Friday in mind; I just mindlessly carry my knives for a week at a time as dictated by my rotation schedule (if I ever get a new one up and running). But that being said, I happen to have a BOATLOAD of red knives this week since I'm carrying my "Top Ten" from Victorinox.
florist.mark.closed.jpg
fldprng.mark.open.rock.jpg
pocketpal2.bluesky.jpg
secretary.mark.closed.jpg
cadet.red.open.jpg

- GT

First of all, Jon, thank you and your family for your service. That sentiment can never be expressed enough to those who have served.

For RED Friday, I have switched it up…

spPBHVV.jpg
Thank you. That’s a great looking knife!
I had no idea Jon was going to institute RED Friday. I'm sure I won't plan my carries with RED Friday in mind; I just mindlessly carry my knives for a week at a time as dictated by my rotation schedule (if I ever get a new one up and running). But that being said, I happen to have a BOATLOAD of red knives this week since I'm carrying my "Top Ten" from Victorinox.
View attachment 1932337
View attachment 1932338
View attachment 1932339
View attachment 1932341
View attachment 1932342

- GT
I wouldn’t say I’m instituting, but we are getting to see people share some awesome knives
Your service is much appreciated Jon. It is especially impressive to have a family of soldiers. God's speed to you and you
Thank you, and wow those covers look great!
Im carrying this 94 since a couple of days.
Those are brighter red than most I’ve seen, and definitely the best

I carry a red knife most of the time now. Today it was this one:

ScjsxEA.jpg

I'm nowhere near KC, and not really a football fan, but the Remember Everyone Deployed part I can really get behind.

It just so happens that I'm carrying my Bloodwood Sodbuster today. I'm already thinking about what knife to pick for next Friday.

tT3AX9i.jpg

Mark

One of things I like most about the porch is the appreciation for Case knives, and seeing people carry them. Very nice knives guys!

Back