Regarding IDIOT tester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nozh2002

BANNED
Seeing that other thread, I like to express my deep respect to Noss, to what he is doing and to his great effort to show how different knives behave in an extremal situation. I found this very useful and helpful.

From all knife enthusiasts here there are less then 20 who actually dedicate some effort to do testing and share it with everybody. But only Noss doing this clear and consistent for more then a year now.

Please, continue, do not listen to upset proud owners of knives which failed. There are not to many of hem but they are loud, most of us I believe really appreciate your effort!

Thanks, Vassili.

Yes.
If other people disagree with the methodology, it would be nice if they posted some tests of their own.
Noss's tests aren't perfect, but at least he is doing them, which gives SOME information.
I would like it if more people did tests of different natures though, so we would all have MORE info to cross-reference.

Agreed. Where has he been lately? Oh I see....excuse me ignorance please..... :D

He is doing crash-test! One of most important test in many industries - car, avia, etc... Of course it is not whole knife story - there are many other thing you may value, but it can not be rejected because crash-retention is one of this values as well as edge retention...

But no one but Noss ever did this before with scientific methodology and with video etc. In general this is most well done testing so far I see. And do not forget that this is hard work - he almost injuring himself!

Thanks, Vassili.

Keep up the great job Noss-Hog! I love watching your tests and I find them very interesting :thumbup:

Last edited:
I agree, very few people have the guts to do what he does. Let's hear it for noss4!

I, too, appreciate Noss' contributions to the Forum and to the knife community in general. Keep up the good work!

Yeah Noss does great work.

I think he spends most of his time on his home forum now.
You can usually find him there.

Has a knife ever Passed, or did not break? Which blade(s) did the Best? Thanks.

The Busse FFBM, Busse Basic 9 and the Scrap Yard Scrapper 6 did the best.
Followed by the Fallkniven A1, Sog Seal 2000, and CTD Rough Use Knife.
There are many that are in between.
The worst were the Ka-bar USMC, Becker BK9, Sog fusion primitive, CRK green beret, and CRK project 1.
Check it out...
http://knifetests.com/

Last edited:
Noss is testing idiots now?
I thought he only did knives.

Who knew?
:D

nozh2002: Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it.:) I'm glad you find them useful an helpful.

mmmotorcycle: I'm still here. I'm just trying to cut down on my computer
time so I can get things done. Between knives,work and life I'm swamped.

Thanks to everyone else who commented as well.

Keep it up Noss. UR the man and what you do is very useful to those who can understand it.

He is doing crash-test! One of most important test in many industries - car, avia, etc... Of course it is not whole knife story - there are many other thing you may value, but it can not be rejected because crash-retention is one of this values as well as edge retention...

But no one but Noss ever did this before with scientific methodology and with video etc. In general this is most well done testing so far I see. And do not forget that this is hard work - he almost injuring himself!

Thanks, Vassili.

:confused:

"Scientific methodology and crash-retention?" Please expound on both.

nozh2002: Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it.:) I'm glad you find them useful an helpful.

mmmotorcycle: I'm still here. I'm just trying to cut down on my computer
time so I can get things done. Between knives,work and life I'm swamped.

Thanks to everyone else who commented as well.

If fact, since Noss fails to deny he's employing some form of scientific method or methodology. . . .it would be nice to have him explain it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back