REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

Well look what came in the other day. :D

This is one superlative knife! The fit and finish is incredible. I'm very pleased with my choice to go with the satin finish... I wish I could show off the flats and grind lines better. It looks sooo nice! I think the secondary bevel is the best I've ever seen on a knife. No real surprise there though. It's nice and thin behind the edge and slices like a laser. The scales are really well done. I wasn't expecting such crisp machining considering it's canvas Micarta. They're a little thinner than I expected, but fit my hands perfectly. The flint mapping-like pattern is sick. And to top it all off... MagnaCut.

I had planned on sticking this to outside of my pack to use as a backup knife while hiking/camping, but I'm going to have to rethink that. This knife is way to nice to relegate to occasional backup duty.

I461rLA.jpg

qN7iGs4.jpg

Anybody using a DCC clip willing to save me some time at the hardware store by sharing the hardware sizes?

My clips didn't come with screws/nuts for attaching to sheaths, and I haven't gotten around to taking them to the hardware store to see what works

Back