REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

Coleman killed this sheath you guys. Absolutely stunned! Proud to carry the 2.5 everyday, and now I have something proud and worthy of carrying it in for a long time to come.
igqfPiy.jpg

Mb7ITtd.jpg

I’ve been admiring my “new to me” user 2.5 with od green handles. One thing I don’t care much for, is the thinness of the handle. Not sure why it’s so thin? Possibly trying to replicate the feel of an opened folder in the hand?

Anyone here add liners to their handles to gain some thickness? If yes, what material did you use and where did you get longer screws?

I’ve been admiring my “new to me” user 2.5 with od green handles. One thing I don’t care much for, is the thinness of the handle. Not sure why it’s so thin? Possibly trying to replicate the feel of an opened folder in the hand?

Anyone here add liners to their handles to gain some thickness? If yes, what material did you use and where did you get longer screws?

I believe on the next run, Josh will have extra liners available so I would reach out to him and see if you can snag a set. :) That will add some thickness to your handle. :)

I’ll let the cat outta the bag, and let Josh fill in the specifics, but the new runs of the Ember 2.5 and 3.5 will have a little more beef to the scales. :)

Yes the next batch will have thicker handles which is a change I'm making from feedback I've received (for both the 2.5 and 3.5's). And the next batch will have liners incorporated into them (epoxied to the micarta).

But to add liners to your specific scales It would need to be ground flush w/ the tang which will leave the tang w/ a satin finish... so keeping that in mind if you and Big DJ Big DJ want me to add liners to your existing scales then reach out to me and I should be able to do that as I'm caught up on work I was behind on a few months ago.

Ok, so I have the Ember 2.5 for about a week now and I can say this is the best fixed EDC knife I own. Fit and finish are perfect. Ergonomics as if they were made for my hand (medium hands) and the sheath is also very good. I like a slim sheath. I put a DCC clip on it which is also very good.

This is my first knife with MagnaCut and I think this is one of the most balanced steels I know. 63/64 Rockwell is hard but still easy to strop. I’ve used it in the kitchen and to cut saplings and it didn’t stain at al. The Micarta scales are aesy to clean with windex.
All in all well done Josh!
Thanks for making a great tool!
5VRZILF.jpg

jR20zTK.jpg

pzEfeFB.jpg

pPpVpn5.jpg

So awesome to hear!! Thanks for the pics and feedback!
Ok, so I have the Ember 2.5 for about a week now and I can say this is the best fixed EDC knife I own. Fit and finish are perfect. Ergonomics as if they were made for my hand (medium hands) and the sheath is also very good. I like a slim sheath. I put a DCC clip on it which is also very good.

This is my first knife with MagnaCut and I think this is one of the most balanced steels I know. 63/64 Rockwell is hard but still easy to strop. I’ve used it in the kitchen and to cut saplings and it didn’t stain at al. The Micarta scales are aesy to clean with windex.
All in all well done Josh!
Thanks for making a great tool!
5VRZILF.jpg

jR20zTK.jpg

pzEfeFB.jpg

pPpVpn5.jpg

Hey Josh, just now finally got a 3.5 in hand. Great blade! How thin did you run these behind the edge? I poked around a little for some specs but didn’t see them. Thx
Great to hear!!

They are .010-.015" bte at 15 dps 👍

It's pouring outside today (finally), so you guys will have to settle for some low quality, indoor photos.

This knife is awesome!!! I couldn't have chosen a better combination of if I had input on the knife myself! ;)

The grind is every bit as good as we've come to expect from REK Knives, and the satin finish REALLY sets off the swedge! Absolutely gorgeous. As great as the handle looks, it feels every bit as fantastic in the hand. I can't wait to take it hiking!

2UsMuzK.jpg

aXEBVBV.jpg

TOea23T.jpg

Back