Reno 2006 Preview - A Sneak Peek at some Cool Knives!

Really Nice Set Nick
All are Stand outs in there own right!

Well, with the grace of God I might make it to Reno. I was suppose to fly out at 6am this morning, but got a call from Delta last night about 10pm telling that the flight had been cancelled, and that they had one seat left on a flight leaving Great Falls at 5pm this evening, which would put me into Reno at 9:15pm. I seem to be cursed on Reno trips.....last year my Mrs. and I made it to Salt Lake Airport only to find that all flights going to Reno had been cancelled. They loaded us on a bus and 10 miserable hours later we finally got to Reno....hope this evening's trip goes better, and hope to be there by the time the show opens tomorrow!

Posted for Burt Foster ;) :

Nothing like waiting until the last minute! Well, my plane leaves for the show in a few hours, and I figured I had enough time to shoot some photos of the knives I'm taking to Reno and have Roger post them. However, as things at the last minute tend to do, I found out that my camera was broken by the pig (don't ask).

Not one to accept failure easily, I decided to tap into the deep well that is my artistic abilitiy and "render" my three best knives in lieu of a photo. You see, one thing about knifemakers is that there's nothing we can't do. : ) Notice the detail on the hamon. Pretty sweet, huh?

orig.jpg

:p

Roger

Burt,

"Accepting" Failure might have been a preferable alternative! LOL!

P

Don't joke. That pig rammed my shin while I was visiting Burt's a couple weeks ago. He is no joke!

John Frankl

I guess my question would be why that pig isn't bacon?:p Preston

Some really exceptional knives in this thread. That Fuegen folder is awesome.

Nick, I really like that stag handled hunter. It's good to see another of your pattern welded steel pieces.

Burt is a Cut Up
actually though knowing him and his style it is very easy to imagine what the finished pieces look like...Nice.

Back