1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ripped off by Dale Reif

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by john sage, May 2, 2003.

1. Normark

Normark

Nov 7, 1999
    Back to the Top you go..

2. GigOne

GigOne

Nov 27, 1999
    Kickin' this to the top. . . . .in honor of Reif the Thief !

3. BigFunWMU

BigFunWMU

Mar 14, 2005
    This does kinda belong near the top, doesn't it?

4. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    It does, but since Dale doesn't make knives anymore, people don't stay on top of it like they do with other makers.

5. GigOne

GigOne

Nov 27, 1999

If true, that's a good thing ! :D Maybe he's changing his name like "Blade" does, in attempt to squeak past us. :D

6. john sage

john sage

Jul 16, 2001
    I was just telling this story this weekend to a knife collector in Napa Valley. He noticed my Sebenza and we started chatting. The story of my designs and how I got ripped off by Rief had seemingly falen by the wayside. I check my email this morning, and here it is. You guys rock. I made one final attempt to get a hold of Dale a few months ago. I was chenging cell phones and transfering numbers when I came across his. I called it but the number belongs to someone else now. Last I heard, he was mowing lawns for a living. And I'd bet even his lawn mower blades are dull!!!!

7. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    I sent him an email asking if he still made knives. He hasn't gotten back to me, but the email didn't bounce, so the account is still active.

8. cockroachfarm

cockroachfarm

Jan 6, 2001
    FWIW, Dale's last name rhymes with "Life".

Like Mr. Blade, another sad case of wasted talent.:(

9. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    Hey, that means it would also rhyme with knife. Too bad it doesn't rhyme with thief. We could make up some interesting poems.

10. cockroachfarm

cockroachfarm

Jan 6, 2001
    Keith, I just don't get it.

OK, someone like Art S. is just a leech with probably limited talents (other than scamming), but Blade and Reif (rhymes with "knife") have real skills when it comes to making knives; in fact, exemplary skills. I've seen them. Both of these guys could be as revered as a Mayo or a Carson and making a TON of money legitimately, and instead they're just wasting what they were blessed with. I feel very sorry for the people here who have been burned by them but I also feel sorry, in a different way, for those two characters because it is so obvious that they don't have a clue about what they have thrown away. What might have been, what might have been......:(

11. Bastid

Bastid Goat herding fool and resident vermin breeder. Staff Member Super Mod

Feb 27, 2001
    Well said Holger.

12. wolfmann601

wolfmann601 Gone, but not forgotton. RIP Ira.

Mar 12, 2001
    "Dale doesn't make knives anymore"........THAT cut worth shbiit!!!

13. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    I noticed that Julie at Arizona Custom Knives has a new Dale Reif knife listed on her site. I sent her a link to this thread.

14. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    Julie emailed back to say that the knife she has is on consignment, not one she got from Dale.

15. GigOne

GigOne

Nov 27, 1999
    BTTT for #$%@s and giggles.

16. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    So, does anyone know for sure if Dale is still making knives or not?

17. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    BTTT with you, Reif the thief.

18. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    One more time.

19. Normark

Normark

Nov 7, 1999
    Hey Keith...

I just realized something....

Your like the guy who enters the numbers and pushes the button on the computer in Lost !

I don't know what'll happen if you don't enter those letters and push that button..

So keep entering those letters!

LOL

Eric...

20. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    Just in case Dale is still making knives, this thread needs to be revisited every once in awhile.