Sale Proxy Requests

I'm also looking for a proxy on Feb 15th

Took a couple hours of work to give it a decent attempt (birthdays tomorrow) with laptop from home and ended up #91 or thereabouts :D

Not gonna be able to pull that stunt again next time around and even so I'm not thinking getting in the top 40 is happening any time soon.

Anyone up to the challenge would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
Well I am thankful that I never heard back on my offer, because I ended up being stuck in a no internet location on time sensitive work today at sale time. I would have hated to miss a sale that someone was counting on me for.

hello, looking for a proxy for the next FK2 sale mid February.
Having tried to do it myself on the 8th, I now realize that I (me, my internet & my fingers) am too slow for the race :)
Thanks for the help.
This will be my gateway carothers knife if I could score one.

Good morning CPK aficionados! I’m considering requesting a proxy for this Friday’s FK2 spree, but am a little uncertain. Don’t want to inconvenience another member, but I thought I was pretty quick last time & still ended up way out of the running. Your opinions would be much appreciated. Should I get faster with my refresh finger, hope my router is running at top speed & try again? Or should I humbly request someone who already has it down to a science proxy on my behalf? Thanks for the advice!

Hey Fullflat Fullflat , I’m not an expert by any means, but the group we have here is more then willing to help out others once they get theirs. Being that it’s just the second sale you may have a hard time getting one of the speed demons to proxy for you. That being said you might try your luck once more before asking for a proxy, either way best of luck to you!

A large portion of it is pure dumb luck!
That’s not to say your technique, gear and setup don’t have an effect. Certainly they do. That’s why many of the same folks are in the top ten a lot of the time. But not always!
donscpoo donscpoo is ringing in from halfway around the planet and scored.
I’ve made it in the last two sales (EDC3 - not much competition. And the last FK2 sale - gruesome bloodbath).
^^^That is proof it is pure dumb luck!

I would keep at it if I were you. It’ll improve your technique, which will help you in future sales. Either way, best of luck!!!

Hey Fullflat Fullflat , I’m not an expert by any means, but the group we have here is more then willing to help out others once they get theirs. Being that it’s just the second sale you may have a hard time getting one of the speed demons to proxy for you. That being said you might try your luck once more before asking for a proxy, either way best of luck to you!

A large portion of it is pure dumb luck!
That’s not to say your technique, gear and setup don’t have an effect. Certainly they do. That’s why many of the same folks are in the top ten a lot of the time. But not always!
donscpoo donscpoo is ringing in from halfway around the planet and scored.
I’ve made it in the last two sales (EDC3 - not much competition. And the last FK2 sale - gruesome bloodbath).
^^^That is proof it is pure dumb luck!

I would keep at it if I were you. It’ll improve your technique, which will help you in future sales. Either way, best of luck!!!

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to reply! I really appreciate your sage advice & words of encouragement. I’ll take another stab at it on Friday :) If it’s meant to be, it’ll be..

Yes, I agree it is pure dumb luck. I seldom participate in Friday sales but decided to try for fun this time as there were 40 knives available this time. Timezone difference and network latency are all against me. The number of knives available sure increase the chances.

In any way, don’t take it too seriously. It is part of the fun of owning a CPK by competing on the Friday sales. If you don’t score, wait for the preorder. There is nothing to lose here except bragging rights with your knifenut mates. One can definitely own one eventually. I bought most of my CPK through preorder too.

Cheers!

Don

The anticipation and the chase has always a been part of the knife collecting hobby. When a knife has been as eagerly awaited as the FK2 and when the quality is just that damn good, the desirability shoots through the roof. It might take a year or three to acquire, but that has always been the case with good custom knives. And besides, the next sale is going to be much slower. Nathan said so. :):):).

ETA-I think I was about 187 spots out of the running on the first sale. Probably higher. I stopped counting. For a couple of reasons, I have no doubt the CPK crew is going to get this model out there in sufficient numbers. I can’t wait!

Last edited:
i dont have any mad or crazy skills and dont have the fastest internet. I was like 20 or 21 on the last round, but if anyone cant be online during the sale on the 15th, I could proxy and give it my best shot.
That’s a very kind offer!! If you don’t have skills, you have excellent timing with your refresh button. I must be in slow motion over here, thought I was fairly quick and ended up waaay far out of the top 40 lol. I’m going to be able to log on from my phone tomorrow (maybe unfortunately) so I guess I’ll get another stab at it, but if I couldn’t, I’d definitely be taking you up on that. Very cool!

Back