Photos SAM LURQUIN WIP MY MAXIMUS HYBRID

All breeds have their strengths and weaknesses but I’d rather look at it as quirks and challenges :)

I agree and that is fine for an experienced dog owner that is ready and willing to deal with those challenges. Whereas my little sister got the dog because it was "cute" and "pretty"

I agree and that is fine for an experienced dog owner that is ready and willing to deal with those challenges. Whereas my little sister got the dog because it was "cute" and "pretty"

Happens a lot these days especially with pups

Only commitment will see it through

I’ve spent a lot of time with dogs with issues working through things

In my experience, it’s a pretty simple formula:

- don’t purchase a breed as a fashion statement
- don’t purchase a breed with an endurance level beyond your own
- exercise the dog every single day
- don’t buy a dog with the expectation that someone other than you will care for it
- don’t buy an agressive breed thinking it won’t be

Almost no one pays any attention to these points, and that’s where damn near every problem with canines stem from.

All breeds have their strengths and weaknesses but I’d rather look at it as quirks and challenges :)

Neat knife, buddy, made by an even neater knifemaker.

In my experience, it’s a pretty simple formula:

- don’t purchase a breed as a fashion statement
- don’t purchase a breed with an endurance level beyond your own
- exercise the dog every single day
- don’t buy a dog with the expectation that someone other than you will care for it
- don’t buy an agressive breed thinking it won’t be

Almost no one pays any attention to these points, and that’s where damn near every problem with canines stem from.

Neat knife, buddy, made by an even neater knifemaker.

Thank you Matt

Post up a pic of your pups buddy

It’s a dogs life :)

Here’s my boy riding shotgun

And a great painting I found that resembles him

23319502533_6c9ec34651_c.jpg

16553750952_677bcef1a4_c.jpg

_DSC3478-L.jpg

...and my absolute favorite shot of him:

37081397674_6129e72f87_c.jpg

Smallest male bullmastiff ever. Rescued from a shitheel that kept him outside in a 4'x6' concrete pad chainlink 'kennel', barely fed, malnourished, living in his own feces. Took three dewormings to clean him out. He'd never had any interactions with anyone, or anything. No people, no other dogs. At the time, we had a female presa canario, and needed to make sure she'd accept him, so we took both for a walk in a park near the rescue center. He was closer to a wild animal than a dog, but he was amiable, and walked decently enough on the path while on leash. We decided to take a shortcut through a wooded area, covered in fallen leaves. His feet hit the leaves and he froze in terror - he had never encountered anything like that before. Seeing the anguish on his face almost had me break down.

Now, he's a tireless companion, with endurance approaching that of a retriever, and supremely self-confident (maybe even too much so). An absolute teddybear to those he knows, but a testament to his bloodline to anything he perceives as a threat. Relentless and powerful, yet agile. And still my baby boy.

Wonderful and that’s why I like you so much :)

You take great pictures my friend

23319502533_6c9ec34651_c.jpg

16553750952_677bcef1a4_c.jpg

_DSC3478-L.jpg

...and my absolute favorite shot of him:

37081397674_6129e72f87_c.jpg

Smallest male bullmastiff ever. Rescued from a shitheel that kept him outside in a 4'x6' concrete pad chainlink 'kennel', barely fed, malnourished, living in his own feces. Took three dewormings to clean him out. He'd never had any interactions with anyone, or anything. No people, no other dogs. At the time, we had a female presa canario, and needed to make sure she'd accept him, so we took both for a walk in a park near the rescue center. He was closer to a wild animal than a dog, but he was amiable, and walked decently enough on the path while on leash. We decided to take a shortcut through a wooded area, covered in fallen leaves. His feet hit the leaves and he froze in terror - he had never encountered anything like that before. Seeing the anguish on his face almost had me break down.

Now, he's a tireless companion, with endurance approaching that of a retriever, and supremely self-confident (maybe even too much so). An absolute teddybear to those he knows, but a testament to his bloodline to anything he perceives as a threat. Relentless and powerful, yet agile. And still my baby boy.

He’s gorgeous! I just fell in love again!!!!!

I had a mastiff from Bordeaux Falco, who died a long time ago, I have never been able to replace him ...

Beautiful dogue de bordeaux, Allain. Many similarities to my bullmastiff.

Like Joey said, you can’t ever replace them, but you can certainly enjoy the next one! The world is a darker place without the companionship of a good dog...

I had a mastiff from Bordeaux Falco, who died a long time ago, I have never been able to replace him ...

I still have a siamese seal point, but since I stopped smoking 25 years ago, I'm allergic to cats. he is jealous like a tiger (the cat not me) .
it's called Jalousie (Jealousy)

I have a Bassett Hound named Bernard. He is a papered/pure bred. We inherited him from a family member who bought him as a pup. We got him at about the year mark?? Had to buy the house and finish the fence in a real hurry to make it work...
(Drool Bubble Dreams)
EglMZM6.jpg

DT8QVZe.jpg

Kid tested....and approved......

VP4Eey3.jpg

Guarding my toys...
Mv4bXmg.jpg

Rusty was feral when we found him thirteen years ago. About two years old and twenty pounds. Nursed him back to health. He's been the most loyal, appreciative, protective and obedient dog either of us have ever had. It's been our pleasure to be his parents.

IMG_0143.JPG

Rusty was feral when we found him thirteen years ago. About two years old and twenty pounds. Nursed him back to health. He's been the most loyal, appreciative, protective and obedient dog either of us have ever had. It's been our pleasure to be his parents.

View attachment 790764

I Love it

The darkest parts of my life have been brightened by my furry friends

I had a good sized male rescue airedale from 2004-2011. I had grown up with wire haired fox terrier and figured bigger was better. Unfortunately Joe, you are right about the shorter lifespan of the bigger dogs. He made it to 11. We had one wire haired that made it to almost 18.

Back