Sam Wilson Hollow Handle EDC knife - FORUM MEMBER'S PRE-ORDER DISCOUNT AND GIVE-AWAYS!!!!!!

Ajack60 Ajack60 Not a problem at all, they will be even cleaner than the blade pictured. That was done in haste to get a feel for it. They will be crispy for sure.:cool:👌👌

gotgoat gotgoat Lol, no problem at all. I will have the website updated very clearly with all of this info so it will be clean and simple. :cool::cool:

I have to get all of this put onto the website and streamlined here in the next week or two. But the way it looks like it is going is there will be two ways to purchase the P.A.C.K.Lite knife on the Gear Convoy website.

#1 is to purchase the stock/base model, which has the OD GunKoted blade, OD anodized handle/guard/and buttcap for the price advertised, which is $275 with sheath, the hand crafted leather belt loop and attachment hardware/clip adds $25. There will be no customizations to this model, and it will be available on the website for immediate purchase.

#2 is to go to the "Custom Shop" on the site. This will give the option of a fully GunKoted unit in either OD or Wilson Gray, a hand sanded satin blade (on the anodized or GunKoted body), and the choice of OD or black kydex sheath.

There will be one price for the finish upgrade, whether it is full GunKote, the change to Wilson Gray, or the change to a hand sanded blade, $60. If you choose to get the hand sanded blade and full GunKote on the rest of the knife (excluding the blade, obviously) there will be a discount for not having to coat the blade, i.e. $60 for the satin blade and only $30 to GunKote the rest of the knife.

From there, you can also select black kydex instead of the standard OD kydex, a $5 upgrade. This is simply because of the logistics of stocking mostly OD kydex, and having to keep black sheaths in stock. The only caveat to the Custom shop is that you must select a finish upgrade (full GunKote in either OD or Wilson Gray, or a hand sanded satin blade) to be able to add customizations. Otherwise there will be too much mixing and matching of options for this to work.

Knives that are done through the custom shop may have an additional 5-10 days processing time added for custom options, depending on volume of request. I am still undecided if the Custom Shop knives should be marked with "Custom Shop" on the blade or not, so please let me know what you think.

Thank you!

Sam

sounds like a good plan. I like marking the customized ones, custom shop...good idear....

Thank you. I have the graphic artwork done for the stencils, will be proceeding with a "Custom Shop" stencil. Both the maker's mark and the custom shop will be kept as small as possible, I don't like to turn knives into billboards, and I certainly don't want to clutter up a beautiful hand sanded finish. 👌👌

Sam

Alright everybody, things are heating up! If things go as planned, we should start shipping knives out, probably in the third or fourth week of the month. The anodized pieces haven't come back to me yet, but we're getting there.

I am going to do a dry run in the next 10 days or so of a handful of knives. These will all be "Custom Shop" versions, i.e. full GunKote (OD or Wilson Gray) or Satin blade with GunKote bodies. You will also have the option of having "Prototype" marked on the blade, if you like. I would like to offer them up here to you guys first. These will not be "test" units, they will be full quality knives. I just want to run through the process of photography/shipping/fulfillment/etc before product launch later in the month.

Let me know if that interests you, and we will get you hooked up. If not, I will contact people on the Gear Convoy pre-order list and go from there. Thank you for the support!

Sam:cool::cool:

Alright everybody, things are heating up! If things go as planned, we should start shipping knives out, probably in the third or fourth week of the month. The anodized pieces haven't come back to me yet, but we're getting there.

I am going to do a dry run in the next 10 days or so of a handful of knives. These will all be "Custom Shop" versions, i.e. full GunKote (OD or Wilson Gray) or Satin blade with GunKote bodies. You will also have the option of having "Prototype" marked on the blade, if you like. I would like to offer them up here to you guys first. These will not be "test" units, they will be full quality knives. I just want to run through the process of photography/shipping/fulfillment/etc before product launch later in the month.

Let me know if that interests you, and we will get you hooked up. If not, I will contact people on the Gear Convoy pre-order list and go from there. Thank you for the support!

Sam:cool::cool:
Sam, I’d be down for Prototype on the knife.

Ajack60 Ajack60 10-4, I will get the website all updated this weekend and add the appropriate features and notify the Prototype folks when it's ready to rock.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OK, received the final guard proof back today from anodizing. VERY pleased. In the two pics below, the guard is anodized, and the blade is GunKoted. VERY close.

I will try and spray the blades just a tad darker, but there will always be a little variation in color with a sprayed coating.

So just as a reminder, on the base model the blade is GunKoted and the guard/handle/buttcap are anodized. Now you see a visual as to how they will match. Very excited! The parts should be in in the next couple of weeks and I begin assembly/fit&finish on the base models. Feedback welcome!😎😎🔥🔥

5v1Ncpx.jpeg

nlgGhsU.jpeg

Sam⚔️⚔️

OK, don't mind the color differences, this is a scrap blade and spare part handle/guard. Got the new logos laid in, and trying to keep it from detracting from the hand sanded finish (on completed blades), so I put it across the ricasso.

Let me know what you think!😎🔥🔥👌

NZQGeKj.jpeg

8MY31MY.jpeg

Sam😎⚔️⚔️

OK everybody, while waiting for the anodized parts to come back for assembly of the base models, I have setup the Custom Shop page on the website, HERE. The pics will all be updated once I have taken photographs of everything. The individual product pages are not live yet, but will be very soon. The Custom Shop will be available to order through in the next 5-7 days, and the base models will be live shortly thereafter. We're getting CLOSE now!!:cool::cool:

Sam

OK, I have one out of the first 10 prototypes left. Let me know if you want one. This will be a Custom Shop model, and the link above has explanations of the options. Knives are shown "out of stock" to temporarily prevent purchases

These will be ready to ship next week.

Sam

ok I preordered but I don't understand the ordering process. did I miss the prototypes?
tried to PM you but it would not go through
ordered # 1195

gotgoat gotgoat The majority of the orders are the base model, with anodized bodies and GunKoted blades. While waiting for the parts to come back from being anodized, I started fulfilling the custom shop orders, to get knives moving. Parts are supposed to be coming back to me in the next week or so from being anodized.Then the regular orders will start getting fulfilled.

All of the initial prototypes being offered were the custom versions.However, if you want one, email me at wilsoncustomknives@gmail.com and I will make sure you're taken care of.

Sam😎

Getting Custom Shop blades prepped for finishing, still waiting on anodized parts to arrive. These get GunKote applied tomorrow, and then as soon as kydex arrives they are headed out. Very pleased!😎🔥

llOeDMg.jpeg

tn9I6Th.jpeg

Sam⚔️⚔️

I’m setting on go to get it paid for.
Man, it’s going to be nice. I’m definitely pumped up to get one.

Back