san mai copyright ????????????

The cord one is a joke? Well that's embarrassing...it got me!

That koku-suka video is priceless.

Yeah it's really good, Trent is a good guy.

Excerpt from Japanese Sword Blades by Edward Gilbertson, M.J.S 1900 , published in 1900

sanmai4.png

sanmai5.png

Yep. Thanks for posting that.

Uh oh.... Now L.T. is going to have to send a letter to the estate of Edward Gilbertson, and the executors will have to publish a retro-active revision and retraction.

When will it end?!?... or,... when will it start?

I think I'm even more confused now....

I have the power to make all this "Cease and Desist" ... Bwaa-haaa-haaaa! You are all at my mercy.

Meh, why bother. Those that think Cold Steel is in the right aren't likely going to change their opinions. It's been explicitly stated and re-stated about 1000 times that Cold Steel does NOT own the trademark to "San Mai". (Something that it would appear Cold Steel continues to keep glossing over if not downright ignoring, claiming ignorance, or "all the information we have"...)
Trademarks specifically linked to by Cold Steel and dozens of others say the same thing, including the key phrase of NOT exclusively owning the rights to San Mai or it's use. There's not one single example that anybody can give of somebody OTHER than Cold Steel trying or wanting to use San Mai 3, III, or Ξ, yet all kinds of cease, desist, retract and revise letters are being sent out for the use of the NOT trademarked term, in many or all cases, inaccurately stating that they do own San Mai, when in fact they do not.

Doesn't Cold Steel only have an argument (possibly) if people are trying to trademark "San Mai"? Surely they can't keep people from using the words in everyday conversation, or even as a descriptive term.

There are some incredibly tallented metal workers from India, many of them having done it in their families for a multitude of generations, but they're not on the internet =P

India produced the finest blades and steel for a long time, such a long time in fact that there was a time when one of the best things to see stamped on a razor blade was "fine india steel"

"Indian smiths most consummate masters" of this.
Where are they nowadays? Extinct or not in the internet just yet.

Well - that was fun.

Anyway - did ya'll notice the spelling of san-mai in the 1900 literature above?
Being non-capitalized it is not referring to a proper name like the focus of Cs's "San Mai III", but rather a process. Using "san-mai" is not confusingly similar.

That koku-Saka bit was the funniest dang thing I have heard in a while!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back