• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Save the Burl Guy - I'm a wood junky and I need your help!

I made the mistake of showing these pics to the wife.
She says we'll be checking in this weekend....

Gah! I already have WAY more wood then I can probably ever use, mostly from Mark . . . but I DO need enough matching fine wood for a set of kitchen knives . . . sigh, I'll be checking on Saturday (that black swirly burl is cooing to me - is that normal?)

Last edited:
Gah! I already have WAY more wood then I can probably ever use, mostly from Mark . . . but I DO need enough matching fine wood for a set of kitchen knives . . . sigh, I'll be checking on Saturday (that black swirly burl is cooing to me - is that normal?)

To look at the burl and see things is normal.
But......when you start hearing voices, well....:eek:

Edit
I take back what I said before if you meant the walnut burl in the top photo.
Yes, the walnut can talk, but not everyone can hear it.

Last edited:
I have to admit, you have some clever threads :) I'll be back on Saturday...

If I remember I'll come take a look.

I shouldn't but I already looked at the teasers...

I'll be back for a look.

I don't even want to look. Select me $150 worth of high figured pieces,put them in a box and send me the bill. Then I won't have to fight with these guys over which pieces and will get that Christmas morning surprise feeling when I open up the box.

I don't even want to look. Select me $150 worth of high figured pieces,put them in a box and send me the bill. Then I won't have to fight with these guys over which pieces and will get that Christmas morning surprise feeling when I open up the box.

:D Good plan, Jim!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Nice lookin' stuff, Mark!! If I buy more wood, it would have to be lumber for more shelves!! :eek:;)

[however, I will come back and look...]

Back