Schrade 165 DU Old Timer - Help identifying marking

Here it is:D ! It was hiding in my closet! Nice find Codger, your patience has definitely paid off. Now how about a trade?:D :D :cool:
SchradeCope165.jpg
[/IMG]

Eric

A trade? I have this fifteen year old sone that...oh. You meant like a knife or something! That is a good example. For a while, they came up on eBay several a month, but not lately. I do have the quasi-ultimate Camillus collectable if you are interested. :D

Michael

Codger,
I really meant the cope for the DU:eek: . It was only in jest 'cause I figured you'd laugh that one out of the ballpark. Now of course you've got my interest piqued with that Camillus. What is it ?

Eric

nice knife!! that would make a good "hog skinner"!! michael, i dont have one with a "pklatypus penis" handle, but i might have one with a albino bobcat fur sheath!!

kris

In the world of stamp collecting, rare FDCs are very sought after. First Day Covers have the first printings of stamps, usually commemoratives, with special art on the envelope and are postmarked on the day of release from the location most associated with the stamp, i.e. George Washington - Mount Vernon. What I have is even more rare. this:

An envelope mailed from Camillus Cutlery in Camillus New York in the afternoon of the last day they were open, February 28th, 2007. How many of these do you suppose exist? Would this be a "Last Day Cover"? I'm going to frame it with this:

An original 8x10 aerial photograph of the factory taken circa 1996. Just kidding about trading them though. Too valuable for that!

Michael

Trade my new duckie? Naw! :D

Very nice! Priceless is more like it! Great finds there Codger.

Eric

Thanks Eric. And they are more than just finds. The envelope is addressed to me!:thumbup:

Michael

Michael, Im pleased you got a Ducks 165UH. I was nearly going to offer you mine when I heard you had been out bid. Anyway well done, Im sure you got it at a good price?

Re above: What is First Day Cover? Ive been collecting a few Apollo Astronaut signed items recently and I have a cover signed by Colonel Stafford, I dont think its an FDC??
Regards Tim

Here is one example, Apollo 11 from 1969. Search Ebay "Space first day cover" and you will get a lot of hits. Matted and framed, they are great for enthusiasts of the space exploration history.

I collected stamps for many, many years, so I know just a bit about them. In fact, I can remember exactly where I was when it was announced on the radio that Apollo 11 landed. I may even have the newspapers from that day somewhere in my Mother's house if they escaped nearl 40 years of house cleanings!

Tim, regarding your 165DU, I still don't have that particular year issue, so if some day you decide to sell or trade it, please let me know. The 165's are my favorites, as you may have guessed, and I do hope to eventually complete my collection of them, every issue as far as is possible. There are several issues and SFOs I am yet to acquire. And a new, as yet unrecognized edition pops up every so often.

Michael

Back