Schrade Extreme scbt02

:<<PLEASE WHO CAN HELP ME>> This is my frist (thread) posted,last night Imust have posted as a response,? .What I'm trying to find out , is how old,maybe how long a run this SCBT02 Extreme had. I've came accross a couple of the list with all the Schrades on them and haven't seen this knife on them.As is probably quite evident I'm a ROOKIE when it comes to the statisics.With that being said I've got a WEAKNESS for these knives like the rest of the guys reading this section.:thumbdn: Only way I can explain it is that it's sad an other American company has went under. One that has been a huge part , in helping making the youth of yesteryear what they are today.How many old outdoorsman started hunting with a Shcrade as their first knife.I chased wildhogs with dogs and knives for a quarter century or longer and always a Schrade pattern on my side.>>>>>But back to the Extreme SCBT02...It has a black granite (matt) finish w/black rubber handle,SCHRADE stamped in the center of each side of the handle.The o.a.l. is 11-1/4" the blade is 6-1/8",the bottom 3" closest to the handle is serrated,the top of the blade has saw teeth except for a 1-7/8" section at the tip has micro serrations.For the most part the knife is shaped like the SCTBT01.....the dead blow pommel is square...it dosn't have the nail puller,wire cutter????? feature. If you hold the knife and point it at yourself looking right at the tip of the blade the part of the handle that is the hilt has USA stamped on one side,Schrade on the other.ANYBODY>>>KNOW>>>ANYTHING:confused: ...Sorry if my little rant about Schrade going under was distracting.

Phil is the knowledge guy on these knives, but it sounds to me like you are describing the Double Eagle DBL2. 1998-2001, I think.

Boar chasers have favored the 15OT for many years. You might want to look at those too.

Codger

Hey ya, Hogdog. I just noticed your post up in the sticky and answered there. Here it is again:

I'm a little confused by your model number, but let me try here, hogdog.

Shown in the photo are three of the 'Big and bad' Imperial and Schrades. To the left is the M7S survival, tang marked 'Imperial'. A take-off on the M7 bayonet which Imperial was one of the contractors for. Came about during the 'Rambo movie' years, what was that, mid-late 70s?

The center knife is a Schrade DBL2. Again, a take-off on both the M7 bayo and the Imperial M7S... Ths knife has some of the absolute sharpest serrations I've ever seen (felt- it drew blood) on any knife. The fine serrations near the tip is actually a file. Carbon steel, of course, just as the M7 / M7S is. The sheath is to the right, it has a neat sharpening stone afixed to the back of it. Otherwise, I find the sheath pretty much lacking.

The knife to the right is the BTO1.. the 'Extreme Survival'. It's got it all, the best parts of the M7S (pockets on the sheath, hammer and nail puller pommel, a decent saw-back, wire stripper notch, and the fine handle from the DBL2. It is made of hammer forged stainless steel. I will not bother here showing off the BTO1's brother, the 'bomb tech'; it is the same as the BTO, just has a chisel tip instead of a point and a slightly different sheath.

I bought my DBL2 back in 2000, brand new, so it was at least being made then. Maybe one of the other guys will know the correct dates. I don;t think it was a long run. I paid close to retail for it, around $50 and I think that is what they go for still.

bigschrades.jpg

Welcome to our forum!

Phil

The initial number for the DBL2 was BT02. By the way I've never heard of the micro-serrations being referred to as a file.

Didn't notice that before I knew there was concern with the laws if it had two edges.

Evidently TBLLC is not concerned about that law...the 171UH I examined and reviewed had a sharpened upper edge on the clip that originally was a false edge on the real Schrades.

HI guys: I just got a chance to get back in here .First I'd like to say thanks to all Codger64_Textoothpj_Isc...Rip...The knife I got is the same as DBL2 .It dosn't have a stamped # ,it's a sticker with like a SKU# on the butt. I didn't get a sheath with it, by the sounds of it that maybe more difficult to get your hands on than the knives.Codger...the.15ot was a great pig sticker,as was the 165.I think everyone I ever hunted with on a regular basis had bothIf your sticking a 300 pounder you should at least have a knife long enough to reach the heart.So now I need to try and get a sheath for a Double Eagle. Anyone know about another " double eagle" imported Schrade I vaguely remember someone on EBAY giving some cock and bull story about the only knife Schrade ever imported,just before they closed the doors .I shyed away because of the lack of knowledge.I only get a chance to stop in every couple hours or so I'm in the middle of a remodel. Talk with you soon I HOPE> HEY THX AGAIN FELLAS Hogdog

Thanks for the additional information of the DBL2, ISC-Rip. You're an invaluable member here and we appreciate all that you add.

A sticker on the pommel? Interesting. I always wondered about the lack of a tang stamped model number on these.

hogdog, you can frequently find sheaths on ebay. The camo sheath for the Imperial works better, and those sell for about $12. I happen to have a used one, if you'd like it, it's yours for the cost of postage. My email address is in my profile.

Phil

hogdog said:
Anyone know about another " double eagle" imported Schrade I vaguely remember someone on EBAY giving some cock and bull story about the only knife Schrade ever imported,just before they closed the doors .I shyed away because of the lack of knowledge.

Hogdog- A good call on your part so be able to sniff out the "BS" before you stepped in it (or buying it).
Over the years Schrade imported many knives, mostly from their factory in Ireland. I*XL line was made in Sheffield, England. The Badger series of knives, (introduced in 2003- listed as new in the 2003 catalog), were made primarily in China with part of the series (the SX4B), being made in Ireland. The SX4, SX4S, SX20, SX21, SX23 were made in China.
I have one other Schrade in my collection, the SSK5, Superknife, that was made in China. It is a folding utility knife. They also made an all black version, theSSK5B.

Schrade also had a line of Swiss army type knives which were, (if memory serves me) made in Germany and assembled or finished in the USA.

There were several brand names that Schrade owned which were made in their factory in Ireland;
Tradesman- A line of less expensive working man's knives and cutting tools such as putty knife with a large folding sheepsfoot blade in the handle, a milti-tool, a drywall saw with a knife blade in the handle, a pruning shear, and a bunch of other stuff.
Apex- A line of sporting knives with light weight Zytel handles, both fixed blade and folding, as well as pocket knives.
Jackmaster- A line of less expensive pocket knives, scout type knife (Kamp King) and a fishing knife.
I think they also made some knives under the old Imperial name of Diamond Edge.

The point being that Schrade imported a bunch of knives. The ebay seller who said that Schrade had only had one knife made made overseas was wrong. Imagine that! :D

Dale

Hey Orvet: Thanks for the insights .I"m not very knowledgeable on Schrades,(or accually any other)but there was that almost de`jaue feeling,YOU>>know that been !*&^#@! like this before..I think...but looks like such a great deal.YOU know that feeling. As I'm sitting here thinking abuot this now seems like I came across this add on Ebay twice maybe he just had to relist.??I did know there where some legitt imports because I had came across the Irish knives ,I wasn't aware of the China...THX again...hogdog

Glad to help & welcome to the forum.

BTW- I think someone mentioned some Schrade prototypes made in Mexico. Maybe I dreamed it, but someone will be along and set me straight.

Dale

O.K....RIP if I may call you that ? Tell me about the law you refer to...w/2edges.I'm on a need to know basis here,now that I have admitted having this knife on a world wide forum. And the envvironment of TAP AT WILL the current administration has unleashed on the public at large.WHAT I understood (hopefully not whisful thinking) was if you were a collector ...THX...hogdog

Thanks Redshanks, but I think I will pass on that knife. The story is a bit too iffy for me. He doesn't say where they found it in the Schrade Warehouse.........maybe in the garbage can.....or in a truck loaded with chitaylors just so they could say it came from the Schrade warehouse! :D

RED...you got it, hit right on the nose.Is this what they say it is or is there really any way to find out?? Even better how the heck did you paste that Ebay add into this forum?...Obiuosly you came accross this in Ebay too, are you going to bid on it?..I'm still entrigued by the add . I'm not much for the folders other than the numerous 6ot's I've carried everyday sence I was 20 , man I wish I has all those old Schrades now.I would like to own at least one of all the fixed bladed Schrades.I have a ways to go,again wish I had all those old knives I once carried....then again if I had all MITB think of all the hogs , bucks , and stringers of fish that would of got away.Self concelation!.... THX.

I made "trevyz" an offer of $7.50 on that BT02 sheath. They accepted it and delivered it but without the stone in the sheath.Just FYI, Rick

If that is the DBL2 sheath, the stone is made into the back of the sheath, not placed into a pocket. Turn it over and check?:confused:

Codger

Codger_64 said:
If that is the DBL2 sheath, the stone is made into the back of the sheath, not placed into a pocket. Turn it over and check?:confused:

Codger
I did, there is nothing there but an empty space where the stone should be.
sy0ab5.jpg

Maybe if you pay the whole 12.50 you get the stone with it.

Back