Schrade Extreme scbt02

Woof! I guess those were unfinished then. Maybe someone has the right thin dark stone laying around. I see you found the same thing I did on the tight sheath throat marring the black finish. Phil has a fix for that. We might prevail on him to post it again.

Codger

Red...this is the 1st knife I seen on Ebay .I think I'll go on and ask the guy/gal to clarify the Schrade designation and see just what story I get.Hey your all over this stuff.Whats your Ebay handle? Ise you drop off I'll know it's cheaper some where else..HE>>HE..THX

Yes it does fit tight in the sheath. I think Phil recommended I keep it in the 147OT sheath that came with this knife just for that reason. But it looks way more cool in the original sheath.

I have a M-7S and have the same problem with the camo sheath that came with it, it scratches the hell out of the blade. My solution was to use a G.I. M8A1 scabbard, which fits this knife perfectly and doesn't scratch the blade. The DBL2 may have a shorter blade than the M-7S, so I don't know if it will be the best solution for that knife.

If you don't have an Imperial M7 bayonet, you can still pick up brand new ones fairly cheap. This is the real deal:

Imperial M7 Bayonet

Hey..One of you guys with the expertise ,please tell me in laymans terms about the laws...pretaining to double edged knifes an maybe the ways to???circumvent ,for the lack of a better word...at last I understood in california there was some exemption,loophole..???...something if you where a colector..so of course this is my three knife colection...right.Dose anybody know the corect terminolgy or qualifcations or is this...LAW..really real...I ask this because last night when I first ask about SCBT02..I think ---RIP..mentioned the law when two sides are shrap......TX..Codger ..Red ..Upst..Rip.......WHO KNOKWS

Do these bar codes tell anything about the origins of this knife or are they added later by retailers?
sy483n.jpg

Just wondering,
Rick

Rick,
That looks like the bar codes I have seen on some of the things I have bought from Smokey Mountain. I think they add "SC" prefix on the model number to denote Schrade Corp.

I notice on their web site that they use "SCT" prefix on most of the stuff marketed by Taylor with the Schrade name on it.

I am not 100% sure, but that is my best guess.

Dale

hogdog said:
Hey..One of you guys with the expertise ,please tell me in laymans terms about the laws...pretaining to double edged knifes an maybe the ways to???circumvent ,for the lack of a better word...at last I understood in california there was some exemption,loophole..???...something if you where a colector..so of course this is my three knife colection...right.Dose anybody know the corect terminolgy or qualifcations or is this...LAW..really real...I ask this because last night when I first ask about SCBT02..I think ---RIP..mentioned the law when two sides are shrap......TX..Codger ..Red ..Upst..Rip.......WHO KNOKWS

hogdog, just google up the laws regarding knives for your state. From what I've read, double edged knives are okay in CA.

California knife laws

Hey Upstream This is exactly what started me on this .I think Smokie Mountain...E knifeworks,or some retailer made these SKU #'s because this looked like the current Extreme .Gave them the accounting tool needed.And no harm done right.These are the Double Eagle DBL2....minus the tactical sheath .Probably as some kind of close out bonus.... where did you get the one you have?....If you don't mind me asking?

Codger_64 said:
If that is the DBL2 sheath, the stone is made into the back of the sheath, not placed into a pocket. Turn it over and check?:confused:

Codger

The stone was held in place with double sided tape. While you may think that sounds "cheap" it was actually the only way determined to securely hold the porous stone to a plastic that is itself difficult to bond to.

Hey Red...I looked at the sight you gave me and something is amiss .I've been in this state sence..well a long time,I studied to be a building inspector and thats LAW writin as code so it's inforceable in a court. I jumped to the Penal Code under weapons a lot about guns etc. very little on knives except around schools.I'll try again when I have a little more time , but I'm pretty sure there is going to be more to it than what I seen.In fact the lack of any code is what raises the red flags. They say the California code is the most extesive and excessive laws in the land ,because they spell out every minute little detail. Somehow missing thier opportunity to exspound on their vast knowledge of ...k.n.i..f.e..don't seem likely . THX....RED..hogdog

RED.... you may very well be right..I read the Sec.12020.(24) which was also the basis for the first web site you sent me to,and talks about "Dirks and Daggers.In this section12020 .(24) they say as long as it's not prohibited by Sec.653.(k) and I seen nothing that prohibited them......Then it stated...."A knife carried in a sheath,worn open and suspended from the waist of the warer(so you can't carry a knife for a friend????)are not concealed within the meaning of this section".It's precisely this kind of language which makes me wonder if there isn't a section in some corner of the code which when needed can be sited for the circumstances at hand.With a slightly diffrent definiton as it pretains to that situation...I.E....any knife longer than an eyelash of a eighteen year old pure bred Jack Russell carried,possessed,concealed,in plain sight ,in a sheath around the neck ,down a trowser ,in a boot,with a fixed blade ,an auto or maneual opening folded blade,tarnished,polished,regaurdless of handle,in the rain ,sun ,sleet,or snow..could be constued as a concealed weapon if at the moment of discovery by the party feeling treatened such party had conclusive evidence that indeed the Jack Russell in question was eighteen years of age,and did not conflict with any other section of this code.THAT IS THE WAY MOST CALIF. LAW IS WRITTIN...If in the morning you called (and got to talk to ) the Calif.Attorney Genral and ask for a list of leagal weapons as of that day HE COULD NOT AND WUOLD NOT GIVE YOU ONE ....SO ... I'm still not totaly convinced...THX RED....hogdog

While we're looking at the Schrade 'Warriors'.. here is the fabled Imperial Sawback bayonet for the M16 rifle...

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

m7sbayonet.jpg

Take your best shot... I'll post the facts about it tomorrow.

Phil

PS.. Codger mentioned my fix for the extremely tight fit of the original DBL2 sheath.. Run a thin file into the throat and file those plastic grippers down.

Phil,
That is cool. :cool:

I never had one for my M-16, I have used a bayonet on the M-14 (in training only) but never on an M-16.

As I recall the order "fix bayonets" was only officially used once in Vietnam, but I cannot recall the circumstances surrounding the order, except that they were in a tight spot.

Dale

textoothpk said:
PS.. Codger mentioned my fix for the extremely tight fit of the original DBL2 sheath.. Run a thin file into the throat and file those plastic grippers down.

Filing down the plastic probably won't help. There should be plenty of clearance between them and the blade. The tightness is most likely caused by a piece of spring steel inside the sheath. I believe it is held in place by the same rivet as the sheath strap. You may be able to deform this piece and get a better fit.

Afer Phil originally told me of the fix, alas, I traded my DBL2 to another collector without trying it. I couldn't get it to fit right on my Mossberg Defender anyway. It had just a few minor sheath scratches when I sent it off because I noticed them when I first received the knife, and did not put it back into the sheath until I shipped it.

Here is a sectional view showing the spring shape and location.

Codger

It is not really true that the laws of war prohibit sawbacks. It's one of those things that are repeated so often we take it for granted that it is true. Be nice if we could outlaw war, huh?

I think the Mel Gibson movie 'We Were Soldiers' accurately describes the one and only order to 'fix bayonets' in the RVN. Again, I might believe this because it's kinda well accepted.

A hint about my sawback Imperial bayonet in the pic above: It was not used in the bayonet charge illustrated in the movie mentioned above. Any other thoughts on it? Tang mark is the same as the M7S survival knife

Phil

Back