Schrade Scrims

Does anyone have one of these in there collection or the insert showing it.It came from Ebay so I have no papers on it.I know that in the 8 months I've had it I haven't seen another.It is numbered 1149 on the bolster so there were more made.I'm just looking for information.Initialed FG with no date.Arnold

Hmmmm...I seem to not have a picture of the army dillio knife by itself, but one of the whole boxed set, and I think it was a part of the 1994 Schrade Scrimshaw Of The Great American Outdoors set, not an Endangered Species set.

The 1994 Schrade Scrimshaw Of The Great American Outdoors set consisted of the following seven patterns / art:
502SC - 7 ½" Sharpfinger fixed blade pattern with Bugling Elk art
503SC - 3 7/8" Gunstock Trapper pattern with Bass art
505SC - 4" Premium Stockman pattern with Two ducks flying right art
507SC - 5" Lockback pattern with Wolves art
511SC - 2 3/8" Cub Lockback pattern with Scorpion art
513SC - 3" Lockback pattern with Armadillo art
515SC - 4" Lockback pattern with Blue Heron art

Codger

Arnold,
Maybe Paul (sheathmaker) could make you a armadillo hide sheath for the knife. :D :D :D An armor plated sheath. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, that is the first I have seen. It is really nice.

Dale

Thats where the confusion comes in.This is an LB7.Lots of us poor kids in west Texas could not afford a Frisbe so we waited for a dillo to get squashed by a truck.After a couple of days it makes a pretty good frisbe.Otherwise it isn't bad to eat.Dillo on the 1/2 shell.Tastes like possum.Arnold

Maybe it was a special Texas commem and they used the armadillo on the whole set. If that is the case, I need to look for a possum set for Tennessee!

Well now,

Guess I'll have to keep a lookout (vague TN reference) for one of the Scorpion models. Please let me know if you see one out there. Next, I'll probably learn that there was a Diamondback model.

Bill

P. S.
Parker's models don't count... 'cause he made one commerating everything that was on the Arc I'm pretty sure. :rolleyes:

Hummmmm.............I wonder if Schrade did a beaver?
I was out fishing earlier in the week & my grandson & I saw 3 beaver. Still a lot of them around on Oregon.

WEll here is another oddball.SC502 signed M.Barbour.It has the flat grind not the hollow grind like the late models.Arnold

Yes of course they did a rattler. It was in the 1993 set and was one of John Duffy's earliest. I don't have a picture of that 513SC. Do you?

orvet said:
Hummmmm.............I wonder if Schrade did a beaver?
I was out fishing earlier in the week & my grandson & I saw 3 beaver. Still a lot of them around on Oregon.

(1985) - 500SC - Beavers - 5 1/4" Folding Hunter
(1995) - 296SC - Beaver - 4 1/8" 2 BL. Trapper

I have a different SC515. It's of a dog chasing a rabbit.

I originally thought it was part of the '94 Great Outdoors series, but I guess not.

What set is it part of, anyone?

I also found reference to an SC515 with an Owl on it.

Did Schrade make the same model scrim (for example SC515) and put different scrims on them?

(1989) - 515SC - 4" Lockback pattern with Hound chasing Rabbit art
(1993) - 515SC - 4" Bruin Lockback pattern with owl art

Yes, they made varying amounts each year of each pattern. About 1,500 were serialized in sets, the rest available singly.

tobyrogers said:
WEll here is another oddball.SC502 signed M.Barbour.It has the flat grind not the hollow grind like the late models.Arnold
I still haven't found any info to pin down the M. Barbour scrim. I do know that SMKW ordered quite a few of their own scrims over the years, and even had some blank SC's screenprinted with designs.

Back