Schrade Scrims

waliguy said:
When Does Schraditis End? Lol!
It ends??:eek:

Well, I suppose when the game is over and we shuffle off this mortal coil. Then it is someone else's turn. Just be glad it isn't Case-itus. We'd be robbing banks to pay for our jonses every year, and never get any back issues to boot.

sheathmaker said:
Possum tastes like chicken.
(1986) - 511SC - 2 3/8" Lockback pattern with Opossum art (Nawthun spelling) ;)

Possum was one of my first hunting successes. And they made great toys as long as you stayed away from those needle teeth! Possum, boiled eggs and poke salet makes a great greasy greens dish.

Just don't eat the purple Poke salid.Kind of like yellow snow.Lived and worked in south Louisiana for a while.Guys brought their dinner.Big pot,tasted great,don't ask whats in it till you finish.Possum,muskrat ,coon,fish of all kinds,crawfish, shrimp,crabs,and anything else they caught.You learn to shut up and eat.Arnold

My family loves my gumbo file' as long as I leave out octapus, squid, and frogs. I put the frogs in anyway and tell 'em it is chicken.

I love it all.This damn chemo is bad because everything tastes bad.Here is my only SC513 Horse head no signature or initials.Faded so bad I used ashes to bring out scrim.It is numbered 5140.Arnold

That might be the Sleepy Hollow Edition.....Oh, wait that was a Headless Horseman, rather than a Horseless Horsehead. :eek:
Sorry Arnold...;)

Bill

The horse scrims don't come around very often, I suppose because of the number of people who collect horse motif items in general.

1983 - 507SC - 5" Lockback pattern with Rearing Mustang Horse art
1990 - 502SC - 7 ½" Sharpfinger fixed blade pattern with Horse Mare and Foal art
I went to Voyles Commem book after listing these two, but still did not see yours listed there, and my best memory is that it was between these two. I'll dig in the files for more.

I actually saw some Armadillo scales at the Austin knife show a couple of weeks ago. I think it was at the Texas Knife Supply table. I guess a pouch sheath could be trimmed with Dillo conchos.

Paul

sheathmaker said:
I actually saw some Armadillo scales at the Austin knife show a couple of weeks ago. I think it was at the Texas Knife Supply table. I guess a pouch sheath could be trimmed with Dillo conchos.

Paul
Now that would be unique! Maybe dillo cheek inserts?

Funny how a simple question turned into 30 posts.Great to hear everyone laugh again.Arnold

Bill, (El Lob) if you run into any good grade, properly tanned Scorpion Hides, please contact me.

Paul

Looks like I need two sheaths from Paul.One for the custom my son did and now a Dillo sheath.Are they cheaper in bulk.Arnold---Yes thats an amatuer grovel.

Paulino...(sheathmaker),

I will search for some tanned scorpion hyde...but they seem to avoid the sun, or wear 30x sunblock. Anywho, I'm glad you are still talking to me after my post in the Traditional forums...:eek:

Hasta la Vista.....Baby,

El Lob..........O (Armadillo lover)

P. S.
Arnold, pick the gravel from your knees.....lol.

sheathmaker said:
Bill, (El Lob) if you run into any good grade, properly tanned Scorpion Hides, please contact me.

Paul

Come to think of it I haven't seen many Scorpion hides lately. Hummmmmm........I wonder if they have joined the infamous Nyga on the endangered species list? :confused: :D :D :D

Dale, we can only hope that is a possibility. :)

Oh,
Sheathmaker, I found this guy at the Quick Cook Tanning Salon.....:eek:

24zc9xc.jpg

Maybe his hide is properly tanned enough for a liner on the Armadillo sheath for Arnold? I tried to steal it off the back of the chair while he was quick bakin', but no joy. I had to whack him real good, as he got kind of crabby about giving it up.

Carry on.

bill

Wanted to ask about my SC513.Which LB is it egual to LB1,2,3?It's 27/8 inches with a 2 inch blade.Arnold

LB1 Cub 2 3/8", 1 3/8" blade (Winewood) -SC511
LB3 Brown Bear 3", 2" blade (Winewood) - SC513
LB5 Smokey 3 3/4", 2 7/8" blade (Winewood) - SC515
LB7 Bear Paw 5", 3 3/4" blade (Winewood) - SC507

I bet it's LB3 and Arnold doesn't know how to measure or low humidity in San Antonio may have shrunk it 1/8 inch. Armadillo scales would stretch it back out.

Paul

Back