SDFK is Glorious

There was a bit of rain here today and so I don't have any outdoorsy pics yet, but I could not resist getting a pic of one awesome bad-ass and incredible knife. Mine has unbuffed burlap micarta for anyone looking to score in this week's sale. I'm loving this thing!

View attachment 1928916
Excellent! That’s what I have on order too! Looks as good as I thought it would.

Excellent! That’s what I have on order too! Looks as good as I thought it would.
You are going to love it. It's my first with canvas micarta scales and while I am normally a use over looks guy, this does not disappoint in the looks department at all. It's also my first unbuffed set of scales. I was originally thinking terotuff, but I was a little worried that it might be too grippy without the use of a glove (maybe leading to hotspots???) and then I saw a post by Nathan (IIRC) where he specifically recommended the canvas micarta over terotuff for practicality and for being almost as grippy, but being a whole lot better looking.

One thing I am finding is that I REALLY want to swing this thing around. Being in an apartment complex in the high desert though does not lend itself to there being a ton of trees around (though there are some mesquites and palo verdes). As a substitute, I keep looking at the couch thinking about how fun it would be to dismantle it with this knife. 😯 It's my roommate's couch though and I don't think I'd have long to live if I actually did that. Dangerous thought patterns though, LOL. 😁

Holy cow, this is a tremendous blade. Her size doesn't quite prepare you for the way she feels. She is girthy but well thought out, not that I would expect anything else. I went for my first terotuf and had second thoughts after making the request as my CPK natural micarta grips look and feel great.

However, I'm loving this terotuf as I first handle it. The material seems warmer and almost more like a natural material than G10 or micarta. To my eye the OD looks great and I like the base side of the terotuf against steel - the appearance is like contrasting liners.

Thanks, Nathan and Co. I LOVE this SDFK.

IMG-2232.jpg

One more BFK:SDFK comparison.

IMG-2239.jpg

IMG-2236.jpg

Back