• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Seavousplay - May use proxy address without disclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's a wrap. I'd pull your email address's out of the Listing. Scammers will contact you directly. The Forum acts like a filter. A guy here shipped to scammer who contacted him directly. He lost an expensive custom knife.

The fundamental problem with these transactions is- The knife was in the possession of a 3rd party and now it's not in the same condition as shipped. Or claimed or something.

Normally you'd ask for the knife to be returned in the condition shipped and issue a refund.

Thread Drift- There was a similar drop ship problem 2 years ago (?) when an expensive knife was damaged after shipping from the maker and before delivery over seas to the buyer.

Last edited:
I have went to clearly stating that I will only ship to the address on the PayPal account if they use PayPal ... to keep the protection in order ... if that cost me a sale so be it ... it gives me peace of mind.

I guess to me if a buyer uses a proxy then they need to inform you ahead of time and work out the details ... or I would be in the camp of once I ship it's yours plain and simple ... no returns refunds exchange or undoing that type deal ... it should be the buyers issue if a proxy buy goes bad IMHO.

the key thing about a proxy is that if there's a problem with the knife that's when the red flag goes up.

They have to receive and inspect the goods and then repackage it to forward to the buyer.
Yup. And the end buyer has to accept the proxy's judgement. If the proxy gets the knife and decides there's an issue things are relatively straightforward to undo. If the end buyer does you get this mess.

Well this has certainly been a lesson learned, from now on ill definitely be more careful with my sales.

Might as well close the thread since he seems satisfied with keeping the knife vs sending it back.
Thanks to all for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back