Sebenza 1st timer- for anyone else thinking about it here were some surprises

I’m not a Sebenza fanboy, but my small sebenza grew on me a lot over time. When I first got it, I thought it was a well-crafted knife that I could take apart and service myself that was well-engineered, but it certainly didn’t get your pulse racing. But as a knife I actually use, all of the simple details and functionality have grown on me and I like it more every day I have it. It wears well! Plus if, like me, you live in a state with restrictive knife laws, the blade length is a real plus.

I didn't check this much after the first week- but I know how to use a thumbstud, thank you very much. Putting my thumb in the "wrong" place. sheesh. It's not a bad knife, but like has been said a thousand times before it's hyped. Overpriced.
There is no reason to spend 3X as much on a Sebenza as a comparable Spyderco. After putting it down and picking it up 2 months later I am certain it's going up for sale soon. The guys that collect these demand rather pristine specimens which defeats the purpose of me owning a knife. No sense in me using it and making it worth $100 less. My safe is for guns, not knives.

FWIW, I think you might have left with a bit different perspective if you went for an insingo, IMHO.

That said, users don't sell for that much less than unused. These knives have a small drop-off after being used, and then they hold their value consistently. And as the 21 is ending, you probably won't lose much or anything on it even if it gains a few battle scars.

Back