• Spring cleaning sale: I've reduced prices on the BladeForums.com Logo Tshirts and PVC patches to move these out of here! We're down to sizes Large & XL on the shirts, but have plenty of every colorway left on the patches. Get them before they are gone! https://www.bladeforums.com/help/bfcmerch/
  • The search engine is not working correctly. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Thank you for your patience.
  • I've implemented new password tools to try and cut down on the number of people getting their profiles compromised by reusing the same passwords that they have used elsewhere. If you are using a password that has been exposed in a data breach and is listed on haveibeenpwned.com you will get a notification to change it the next time you log in. When you choose a new password it will show you the strength; you will need a "Medium" strength or higher password for here, 8 characters or more in length.

Thanks for your support!

September 2021 BOTM - 301 Stockman 420HC FFG Long Pull, Black Burlap Micarta

It's a little gritty opening it and I'm afraid to flush it out because I like how the micarta looks...I guess at some point its going to get oils from my hand

Invoice

Gold Member
I ordered one and got it today:)
I like it a lot.
DE8485DB-12BB-43EB-8363-2814196A60D7.jpeg

52B90361-6CF0-4645-ACAF-F25BCA3486A2.jpeg

Comes in a very nice package. Wonder what that costs.
I do wish they would do the 301 in different looks. Oh well...

Just curious as to how many that bought one, will use as an EDC? If so, how will the Micarta hold up to EDC. Thanks

IDhorace

Gold Member
Mine came this afternoon as well. I like it. Fit is good, blade is sharp enough for arm hair. All in all, I'm satisfied and I like it. It won't be an everyday, but it will get carried some. And I think I may try oiling up the micarta just a touch.

BP_

Gold Member
Got mine in today. I have to say, for the first time, I’m pretty disappointed. Blunted tip, big gap between main blade spring and frame, main blade rubbing the side of the frame, and main blade snap so weak I have to push it nearly all the way closed. I was really looking forward to dropping this one straight in my pocket. I love the BF 301 so much.

The really bad part is sending back and having to wait two or three months before I’ll see it again. Pretty disappointing :confused: I own a lot of Buck knives and this one slipped through quality control.

Congrats to everyone that got one! 😊😊

I’m sure after looking through the others that mine is not the norm by any means.

Got mine today. I gotta say that you all will love this one. I am a stickler on quality control, and this one I received is a gem. The springs are strong, the blade grind and nail pulls are excellent, the handle is handsome, and the two blades are centered and not rubbing.

This will be a user in my EDC rotation.

Well-played, Buck. Keep up the slipjoint love.

With 440 instead of S30v, I still think that a sub-$70 price point is more realistic if this becomes a normal offering in the future catalog.

Last edited:

Matt_WY

Gold Member
552BABEF-4E59-4A41-BE19-8B77E3C3510D.jpeg
mine arrived today also. Fit and finish leaves a bit to be desired. Wonky piece of micarta as shown here. Clip blade rubs on the linear and the grinds could be cleaner. Definitely needs a good flushing, but the blades have a fair pull and good snap closing. Overall at this price point I think Buck needs to do a better job.

J Hubbard

Got mine in today. I have to say, for the first time, I’m pretty disappointed. Blunted tip, big gap between main blade spring and frame, main blade rubbing the side of the frame, and main blade snap so weak I have to push it nearly all the way closed. I was really looking forward to dropping this one straight in my pocket. I love the BF 301 so much.

The really bad part is sending back and having to wait two or three months before I’ll see it again. Pretty disappointing :confused: I own a lot of Buck knives and this one slipped through quality control.

Congrats to everyone that got one! 😊😊

I’m sure after looking through the others that mine is not the norm by any means.
PM me your address and I'll get a return label. I'll turn it quickly for you.

J Hubbard

View attachment 1649224
mine arrived today also. Fit and finish leaves a bit to be desired. Wonky piece of micarta as shown here. Clip blade rubs on the linear and the grinds could be cleaner. Definitely needs a good flushing, but the blades have a fair pull and good snap closing. Overall at this price point I think Buck needs to do a better job.
looks like we burned the micarta. PM me you address and I'll get that corrected.