Server busy at moment,try again later??????

Today, last night, when?

So this is essentially happening at the highest traffic times we have. Not suprising.

Hmm ... before yahoo started their DOS attacks on every forum they're allowed access to, we always had approximately equal numbers of registered users and guests online at any given time. After, we had lots more guests (the spiders). What's happening right now?

1215 (461 members and 754 guests)

I don't suppose it would possible to limit them to off-peak hours ... not on our end. Of course if yahoo had any brains they could do that, but ...

I've changed a couple things around and we have a server software upgrade rolling out in the next 24-72 hours as well. If that doesn't work, next step will be maxing out the available RAM on the db server.

If that doesn't work, the next step will be adding another db server with replication and some sort of load balancing going on.

Well, I just got my first "server too busy" in some time... 3:33 pm Seattle time...

Guess this means I should get back to work instead???? :D

Has anyone gotten this message since the roll out of the new upgrade? Just wondering?
James
Spark said I was a unique and special snowflake, me so proud.

I haven't gotten the server busy message, but I have had a lag several times when opening a thread or posting...

I haven't gotten the server busy message, but I have had a lag several times when opening a thread or posting...

And I just thought it was just me, but the lag is noticeable at times. But at least we are not locked out, I will keep thread open until the next Ganza, then we will know for sure.:)

Just now, approx. 4:10 AM, I tried to exit a thread and return to the main forum and got a lag of about a minute and was sent to a "DATABASE ERROR" page...

9:38pm EDT

Yep, same here. I didn't get the "Server Busy" message but my browser timed out while trying to open a thread. I went to another site which worked fine and then it was about 5 minutes before I could get BF to open again.

The lag when loading a page has been worse all day as well.

Server runaway issues. If the server load gets above 10 then we start seeing this. I am glad to see that the "too busy" errors are much less these days now.

Back