Shaman sprint run?

Dealers have received a very limited first batch....more will be sent.

I called Knife Center about my Pre-Order today and they said they only received 10 for there first shipment but have orders placed with Spyderco for much more.

Knife Center actually did something I’m not used to, they ACTUALLY pulled the pre-order once they filled all there slots. The Rep said they closed pre-orders after only 2 hours as they didn’t want to sell more than they have coming in!!!! Good on ya Knife Center :thumbsup:

Didn’t realize that you were in there too! I just saw walls and walls of text beyond page 10-11 which had nothing really pertaining to any heads up news!

Yep. It devolved into "flipper" territory around page 11, and I couldn't bite my tongue any longer. :oops:

giphy.gif

Yep. It devolved into "flipper" territory around page 11, and I couldn't bite my tongue any longer. :oops:

Was that you or someone else who cursed flippers there? :thumbsup::D I already gave up this one. It is just too much waiting and anxiety. And I will not pay the flipper price to get one.

tenor.gif
;)

Good to see you posting.

Was that you or someone else who cursed flippers there? :thumbsup::D I already gave up this one. It is just too much waiting and anxiety. And I will not pay the flipper price to get one.

No cursing, but I did go on a tiny bit of a rant over flippers. :mad: :eek: I'm pretty easy to spot, same name and avatar there as here.

R rpn

No problem. There is another 2 videos up now too. But that's the best one.

Multiple phone calls this morning and I scored a Cruwear Shaman finally. The last one it stock from the initial release. Even got tracking. Christmas is arriving early :)

Last edited:
R rpn

No problem. There is another 2 videos up now too. But that's the best one.

Oh baby. Multiple phone calls this morning and I scored a Cruwear Shaman finally. The last one it stock from the initial release. Even got tracking. Christmas is arriving early :)

Good on Ya! Extreme perseverance paid off :thumbsup:

I have decided that I can live without a Shaman if the supply / demand shenanigans continue. TBT, if I really and badly want a superior knoyfe with micarta handles, I will splurge the darn $695 on a Shiro F3 than ever experience what is becoming of Spyderco's supply / demand cycles vis a vis some sprints and some dealer exclusives. I don't have a problem with the "early bird gets the worm" offerings but I do have a problem with the shyte-show that ensues when these models just pass through to the secondary markets.

I have decided that I can live without a Shaman if the supply / demand shenanigans continue. TBT, if I really and badly want a superior knoyfe with micarta handles, I will splurge the darn $695 on a Shiro F3 than ever experience what is becoming of Spyderco's supply / demand cycles vis a vis some sprints and some dealer exclusives. I don't have a problem with the "early bird gets the worm" offerings but I do have a problem with the shyte-show that ensues when these models just pass through to the secondary markets.

Totally agree. I've never attempted to purchase a Sprint before. Add all the hype surrounding this combo and its absolutely nuts.

I already decided a while back if it happened I would be grateful but if not I already prepared to just buy another S30V. Which is fine. $200 is pretty much my EDC price cap atm.

I hope that most of us here on the forum get one.

As soon as it arrives I'm putting it to work on the new house. Tons of stuff to cut ,stab and scrape lol. No collecting or selling for a profit here. Well maybe a few extra $$ if I have to sell :p

Last edited:
In on Knife Center Pre-Buy, bought in 9/17. Hope I get my pre-order filled, had to jump from another retailer due to missed pre-sales on a few other knives.

Spotted 2 available through Amazon for $320. Couple more on eBay...

The thing about Spyderco is they make a lot of different knives, frankly enough that if you can't get the one at the top of your list, you may get the one that is second or even third on your list. Still great knives even if they aren't in your #1 spot.

Also, don't fall into the "I must have..." trap. You go crazy trying to get it, fail, get angry, and eventually resign to paying a flipper price...but just once. You're mad that you've done this, but at least you've now got the knife. A few months later, after the hype has died down, you find one on the secondary market at a reasonable price, and now your mad again because you didn't wait. And then the process starts anew with the next knife to come out that everyone is "all abuzz" about. It's a vicious circle. Just refuse to play and you'll find everything all works out in the end.*

*This has been a public service announcement! :D:p

The thing about Spyderco is they make a lot of different knives, frankly enough that if you can't get the one at the top of your list, you may get the one that is second or even third on your list. Still great knives even if they aren't in your #1 spot.

Also, don't fall into the "I must have..." trap. You go crazy trying to get it, fail, get angry, and eventually resign to paying a flipper price...but just once. You're mad that you've done this, but at least you've now got the knife. A few months later, after the hype has died down, you find one on the secondary market at a reasonable price, and now your mad again because you didn't wait. And then the process starts anew with the next knife to come out that everyone is "all abuzz" about. It's a vicious circle. Just refuse to play and you'll find everything all works out in the end.*

*This has been a public service announcement! :D:p

Oddly enough, no matter how much I like them, the acquisition of a knife has never made an actual difference in my quality of life. (Pride of ownership of certain customs, sure, but otherwise...there are much more important things to stress over.)

Totally agree. I've never attempted to purchase a Sprint before. Add all the hype surrounding this combo and its absolutely nuts.

I already decided a while back if it happened I would be grateful but if not I already prepared to just buy another S30V. Which is fine. $200 is pretty much my EDC price cap atm.

I hope that most of us here on the forum get one.

As soon as it arrives I'm putting it to work on the new house. Tons of stuff to cut ,stab and scrape lol. No collecting or selling for a profit here.

You know, as much as I'd like another Shaman in a different steel other than CPM M4 right now (I held off and never got the S30V standard model for that exact reason), maybe I'll just get some aftermarket Micarta for my current one for now.

I'm not gonna play the games. If I can't just order one easily from a dealer, I'll wait a few months until someone gets tired of their shiney new toy and wants to move on to something else. I want a user anyway. I'll save money and heartache. Win/win. :rolleyes:

You know, as much as I'd like another Shaman in a different steel other than CPM M4 right now (I held off and never got the S30V standard model for that exact reason), maybe I'll just get some aftermarket Micarta for my current one for now.

I'm not gonna play the games. If I can't just order one easily from a dealer, I'll wait a few months until someone gets tired of their shiney new toy and wants to move on to something else. I want a user anyway. I'll save money and heartache. Win/win. :rolleyes:

Same here, just went online and found out that National Knives which shows as a sponsoring dealer on this Site, showed the CF/S90V version in stock (or at least it took both my order and my $280!). Now I know that model took a while to sell out and then a bunch of them showed up in here and also on eBay for less than list plus S90V is not a favorable to knife-nutz as something like Cru-Wear but fudge it, I had an MXG clip for the Shaman already and needed a knife for my clip. Yup, that's how I roll :D

PS. Much as I like M4, I just can't stand that jade stuff from BHQ and TBT, I prefer to by from 2-3 other dealers before my checklist reaches BHQ.

PPS. My "pre-order" with KC still stands and although I ain't holding my breath, I hope that they will pleasantly surprise me this time with their pre-orders!

Same here, just went online and found out that National Knives which shows as a sponsoring dealer on this Site, showed the CF/S90V version in stock (or at least it took both my order and my $280!). Now I know that model took a while to sell out and then a bunch of them showed up in here and also on eBay for less than list plus S90V is not a favorable to knife-nutz as something like Cru-Wear but fudge it, I had an MXG clip for the Shaman already and needed a knife for my clip. Yup, that's how I roll :D

PS. Much as I like M4, I just can't stand that jade stuff from BHQ and TBT, I prefer to by from 2-3 other dealers before my checklist reaches BHQ.

PPS. My "pre-order" with KC still stands and although I ain't holding my breath, I hope that they will pleasantly surprise me this time with their pre-orders!

I'm a big fan of M4, but I'm not a huge fan of the Jade either TBH, and I had plans to dye the scales a translucent blue. I even bought the dye, but haven't gotten around to doing it. But then I got an idea from CPK, and I'm going to try to make them ghost blue instead. :cool: At some point when I get a chance anyway. ;) Maybe sooner than later now that I think about it...

Congrats on the CF/S90V variant! :thumbsup:

I'm a big fan of M4, but I'm not a huge fan of the Jade either TBH, and I had plans to dye the scales a translucent blue. I even bought the dye, but haven't gotten around to doing it. But then I got an idea from CPK, and I'm going to try to make them ghost blue instead. :cool: At some point when I get a chance anyway. ;) Maybe sooner than later now that I think about it...

Congrats on the CF/S90V variant! :thumbsup:

I love M4 and Jade. Ghost blue would be crazy though ( do it). I've seen some nice mountain dew colored knives that were dyed. I missed that one too because I didn't try the Shaman yet and wan not sold on the design. Had I known better ;)

This model is my first choice. I even thought the St Nick model was sweet. But reminded me too much if dead pool and I never liked red. I'm a blue/ Green guy. I think the jade g10 takes me back to swamp thing toys from when I was a kid .

In the meantime I'm looking at clip options for the incoming . Never hurts to try another clip.

Back