Off-Topic Share your animal friends!

Maggie has “I’ve got a secret and I’m not telling” look going

Hello, my name is Smokey, I am a kitty cat.

I eat so much food that you’d think I should be fat,

but I have a rare condition, burning calories with love,

so even though I eat all day it never is enough.

IMG_4826.jpeg

That little puppy is now officially a bird dog! This weekend, at four months of age. She pointed, retrieved and brought a shot bird back to hand. Then proceeded to repeat it a half dozen times.

Now it’s a matter of building prey drive and repetition, repetition, repetition.

She’s a natural!

Last edited:
That little puppy is now officially a bird dog! This weekend, at four months of age. She pointed, retrieved and brought a shot bird back to hand. Then proceeded to repeat it a half dozen times.

Now it’s a matter of building prey drive and repetition, repetition, repetition.

She’s a natural?
There's nothing like working with a gun dog. Congratulations, I still remember the first rabbit that Lola and I brought home.

One of the training techniques given to us is to get a couple live rabbits for her to hunt and build up prey drive. Until summer when we move into our new house I’ll have to work with her at daybreak in a city park. We were told of a pro trainer that works his dogs in Central Park. It’s doable.

I started the beagle at a local county park. Let her sight chase them, and the nose would take over from there. She wound up being a great gun dog; but at home she was an ill tempered little brute, who smelled and gave me constant headaches.

Still loved her anyway...

Gave this little guy a start when I popped around the corner of the shop to… relive some intra-abdominal pressure. Needless to say I aimed in a different direction.

IMG_5301.jpeg

Leaving in a few hours for a week in South Carolina with a bunch of Ms. Wild Willie's family... Unfortunately Elsa is unable to accompany us, and we can't leave her here by herself. So, she's spending the week with my brother. 78040.jpeg

Back