• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Sharpened prybar

Once in a full moon, I need to take a break from the Loveless-style knives that I've been making, so I decided to make a few of my own designs.

I like my knives to be used, and most knives that are used are abused! So here is my affordable version of the sharpened prybar:

P1010938.jpg

P1010939.jpg

P1010940.jpg

P1010942.jpg

Specs:

5160 spring steel heat treated to HRC 60 with a soft back draw.
Overall Length: 9.5"
Blade Length (to top of scales): 4.5"
Blade Width: 1.75"
Thickness at ricasso: 0.318"
Handle: Symmetrically contoured black canvas micarta with brass tube rivets

Price: SOLD includes shipping to CONUS.

The knife goes to the first person who posts "I'll take it".

Last edited:
Holy Cow!! That is a monster. Nice straightforward work. Do you know what that baby weighs by chance?

Well,
I dont know about what you normally do...but YOUR designs look pretty darn good. Keep it up IMO.
Awesome knife! Gene

Thank you for the comments everyone. :thumbup:

Holy Cow!! That is a monster. Nice straightforward work. Do you know what that baby weighs by chance?

It weighs in at a beastly 16.5 oz, 22 oz with the sheath.

I want one too. I tried to send an E-mail. If it doesn't get thru mike the medic 57 at hotmail dot com please.....Thanks.

IMPRESSIVE - Can you replace the leather sheath with a Kydex one? and how long will it take you to make more? Thanks, Ben

Very nice! No sissy taper in that bad boy. :) :thumbup:
I think I want one too.

flatgrinder
what is a soft back draw?

You basically heat treat the blade and after tempering, you immerse the cutting edge (I go halfway up from the cutting edge) in water, then you torch the rest of the knife.

This way, the handle and spine of the knife are spring tempered for strength, while the cutting edge is harder for better wear resistance.

Hope I explained it clearly. :)

Back