• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Shiva Ki and his knives.

wolfmann601 said:
Mr. Begg, I love your style!!!

You are truly wasting your talents here, your writing style is prolific. I would truly love to have a friend, confidant, and defender such as you. Sir, you are the kind of friend I never had.

Oh, and a knife is still a knife, but my wife is one hell of a MILF!!

Wolfy, that is one hell of a post. Outstanding!

I may be getting my Dominiques confused, but is this Dominique that Shiva makes reference to the same Dominique who wrote a hatched job article on Fitch slagging his knives? Naw, that would be just TOO coincidental, wouldn't it?

Roger

Roger,
Did you mean hatchet job?The gentleman's name is Dominique Beaucant,don't know about him writing anything about John Fitch.

I really like my Fitch's. :thumbup: :D

RogerP said:
I may be getting my Dominiques confused, but is this Dominique that Shiva makes reference to the same Dominique who wrote a hatched job article on Fitch slagging his knives? Naw, that would be just TOO coincidental, wouldn't it?

Roger

IIRC, I believe they are one and the same... :(

joeshredd said:
IIRC, I believe they are one and the same... :(

Ah. Most enlightening.

Doug - yes - "hatchet job" was the phrase I was looking for. I jes caint spel. :eek:

Roger

RogerP said:

They are definitely one and the same.

Leatherbird, I am left with the distinct impression that you are the president of the Shiva Ki fan club.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3515963&postcount=116

wolfmann601 said:
Mr. Begg, I love your style!!!

You are truly wasting your talents here, your writing style is prolific. I would truly love to have a friend, confidant, and defender such as you. Sir, you are the kind of friend I never had.

Oh, and a knife is still a knife, but my wife is one hell of a MILF!!

happy for you, sir, that she *IS*..

.. and thrilled for your wife, that you recognise her ( apparently ) as such.

.. and a knife, remains,a knife. :D

Keith Montgomery said:
Leatherbird, I am left with the distinct impression that you are the president of the Shiva Ki fan club.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3515963&postcount=116
Keith,not president,not Shiva Ki,not his son.Just someone who happens to find this particular knifemaker utterly appealing,certainly as far as viability of intent of purpose.
There seemed to have been issues concerning quality of finish,I can assure you,and you can believe me or not,the fit and finish are very nice on mine.Any flaws would be cometic and my own doing as these are users.Quite separate from my other collection.
Doug

As was already posted--I have "learned" to moderate my comments here! I'm staying WAY out of this thread! Oops, I just contradicted myself. Damned fingers. Play nice everyone. Jim SEMPER FI

RogerP said:

Roger
That would be his "Custom Camp Knives" article on pg. 14, Jul, 2003 Knife World...
If I have a copy, it's lost in the garage...lot's of things are lost in there...

Keep this going. I am getting a thrill out of the way Mr. Begg is handling our Butts!!!

It is refreshing to engage in a somewhat negative thread with a gentleman with superb wit. His grammar may need some work [it ranks right there with mine] but when read for content; wow!!!!

James Falor said:
As was already posted--I have "learned" to moderate my comments here! I'm staying WAY out of this thread! Oops, I just contradicted myself. Damned fingers. Play nice everyone. Jim SEMPER FI

... James Falor?
"FALOR"?? .......... 'Falorite', the original ? - the 'Falor" that, in part, saved me from being exiled to some kind of sewer, by that fellow.... umm .. the *blade student*, I believe..
"THAT Falor??
.. well, well, I think you in fact, 'BE' that Falor, and this being the case, I'm happy as can be, to see you make an appearance and 'squeek' up, here..

& just 'what'
did you learn, James?
.. playing *nice*? ya couldn't have 'learned' that from these boys..
.. no damn chance of that.
. actually, you probably learned something like, "nice guys finish last"..
.. and tried to be one of those 'nice guys'.. and then the bullies helped you learn to 'moderate'
.. and trained ya to sell out yer principles and integrity, with talk about where you belong, keelhauling, and walkin' the plank and such..
and that you are *new* here..suggesting ya havn't earned any rights as yet..
.... to "belong"..
.. taught ya with coeorcion and intimidation, and trained you..
.. to do it "their way".
.. and you had to shift gears, and go for all they left you,, a "compromise"..
.. in their favor, of course.. 'the house always wins'....

.. the fact you actually showed up and peeked around, Mr. Falor, and prior to this did not join the little gang, tells me two things..
.. that yer not too happy with what you "learned"..
and you got something left, and maybe, just maybe, if things were 'right'.. you would get back on the track ya really would like to be on....

.. I mean that *IS* a possibility, isn't it?

.. well who knows ?
.. but I think if you would like to settle some stuff you got from your 'learning' experience..

. there couldn't be a better time than this..

.. oh.. don't worry, it ain't over yet... ;)
... hope to see more of you, Mr. Falor...
.. delighted you popped up!

sniper

.. Shiva requested that I post this last one for now..

.. and I quote Master Shiva Ki:

"You guys remind me of nit-picking old nags, looking for any word or phrase you can twist in your demented little minds.
I screwed up, and I was man enough to apologise in writing, on the phone, and over the net; what's it any of your business at all?
Get over it, John and I did, long ago.

Does your mom know you're playing on the computer?

sk

Ahh ... "Master Shiva Ki" is as friendly and accomodating as ever, I see. A superb martial artist, a magnificent knifemaker, and an ingratiatingly customer-oriented businessman.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Mr.Begg,
James Falor would be THE last one to sell out his principles and integrity,it's just coming up on a year since the last Shiva Ki thread,threads,and they were quite nasty,as far as James Falor being new,he's been around since '03.
The "blade student' you refer to is Steven Garsson,a MAJOR contributor to Spark's house,this place,BladeForums.
Sir,I'm not trying to turn this around on you,just suggesting that you Email James if ya' have any questions and keep it out of here if ya' would.This thread has gotten real ugly,real fast.Just a suggestion.
Doug

G.R. (gord) Begg said:

"You guys remind me of nit-picking old nags, looking for any word or phrase you can twist in your demented little minds.
I screwed up, and I was man enough to apologise in writing, on the phone, and over the net; what's it any of your business at all?

sk

Yep. That sure sounds like "the Master" all right. :rolleyes: :jerkit:

Roger

G.R. (gord) Begg said:
... James Falor?
"FALOR"?? .......... 'Falorite', the original ? - the 'Falor" that, in part, saved me from being exiled to some kind of sewer, by that fellow.... umm .. the *blade student*, I believe..
"THAT Falor??
.. well, well, I think you in fact, 'BE' that Falor, and this being the case, I'm happy as can be, to see you make an appearance and 'squeek' up, here..

& just 'what'
did you learn, James?
.. playing *nice*? ya couldn't have 'learned' that from these boys..
.. no damn chance of that.
. actually, you probably learned something like, "nice guys finish last"..
.. and tried to be one of those 'nice guys'.. and then the bullies helped you learn to 'moderate'
.. and trained ya to sell out yer principles and integrity, with talk about where you belong, keelhauling, and walkin' the plank and such..
and that you are *new* here..suggesting ya havn't earned any rights as yet..
.... to "belong"..

Mr. Begg,

1. Leatherbird(Doug Castor) and James Falor have never given up their positions or opportunities to post here. They love Shiva Ki knives, he may be their favorite knifemaker, he may make their favorite knives. They get to say this, talk about it, revel in it, if they so choose,

2. This is a "public forum", but it is privately owned. It is a moderated forum, and if you don't play by the rules, you can get banned, that is, to not come back and play with the rest of us. You can be mocked, and you can attain PT status, for being a complete dickhead. Which, especially for the fact you are being Shiva Ki's mouthpiece(call me know, I have knives!) you are moving towards.

3. You are not being bullied. You are being stubborn, obnoxious, contentious and are not using verifiable facts to support your positions. Most of them are opinions, which we all have, and to some degree or other,
do stink. With the exception of the lacking facts part, we write very similarly(I tend not to treat my writing to the "poetry slam" punctuation thing, but "Hey, doggy daddy, what did you do in Vietnam"?) I'll send you a good knife if you can tell me what artist made that poster!

4. Leatherbird and James just wanted to be able to be part of this community. Maybe Master Shiva Ki did as well, but he lacked the ability to transfer his true persona over to the Forums, and is not welcome for that.

5. If you look at many of our past posts, you can see who we are. Many of us use our real names and have been around long enough that we are kind of established here. We know nothing about you. For a long time, many of us thought that Leatherbird WAS Shiva Ki. For all we know now, YOU are Shiva Ki.

6. The use of the word Master is, well, sort of icky and pompous in the martial arts arena. I will compete in two weeks in the West Coast taikai, and the Fumio Demura Sensei Freedom taikai, one after the other. I have met many true Japanese masters. As the art of ninjitsu that we are discussing, at least the root of it is, I can tell you to a man, that true master are recognized by their peers as such, and do not boast of accomplishments or deeds past, they simply DO, and continue on. Generally, we prefer specific honorific words for the Asian Martial Arts, like Sifu, Datu, Renshi, Kyoshi, Hanshi. These all mean something, and are related to teaching. This is a partial quote of Karl Geis, Hanshi, on the teaching of martial arts:

"If people are susceptible to the diseases of bias, bigotry, elitism and arrogance, they will generally fall prey to, and be trapped in, the games associated with the construction of illusions about themselves and their relationship to others. They become consumed by the illusion of power, the illusion of knowledge, the illusion of influence, the illusions of superiority and grandeur and the illusion of omnipotence. They strive to construct their world to fit their illusions, requiring all people around them to fit into their scheme of illusions."

Rock on, Mr. Begg, I salute you, but I still think my favorite Shiva Ki knife looks like a bad rendition of Larry Harley's Battle Bowie. And I don't think that you are long for these forums. You are bait, at least that is how you are portraying yourself.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

G.R. (gord) Begg said:

sk

So you are obviously Shiva Ki's messenger boy.

Please continue to post all of his comments. They do a better job than any of us in showing why many people don't think much of him.

Back