SHOT Show 2019--New Knives

A shame about the aggressive jimping on the blade of the marbled one. The blade shape of the basics with that color scheme would be sweet.
I don't mind it too much. I generally feel the same way you do about jimping, but that's not a place I really put my thumb for harder cuts and it does look kinda neat. ;)

new colors of "carbon" fiber that can't be carbon because carbon is black
It looks like it's just CF weave with glow in the dark resin and possibly the substitution of a few of the plies of CF with fiberglass or some other clear fiber weave for better transparency. It looks like it's still mostly CF, and still should be more than strong and stiff enough for knife bolsters.

2019 looks pretty dismal for knives,most of the offerings are ugly ;the elongated hole in the blade trend is one I hate. looks like ill get the cs ad10 ad15 and call it a year..

I'm actually still trying to picture a mental image of what a tanto PM2 would even look like, to be honest with you. It's not flattering either way, ya know?

Here's the pic that's been floating around on the Spyderco FB page.

W6bv4Px.jpg

Before I watched the BladeHQ video on the new SOG lineup, I decided I'd play a drinking game: take a shot every time someone mentions SEALS/SpecOps. Unfortunately, I have now died from alchohol poisoning.

It's really too bad that I died because it looks like those high-speed types managed to design a nice suburban EDC knife.

I might have to get one of those Buck folders that was shown in this thread. Certainly its sad if a knife maniac has all these knives from almost every other brand but Buck. I also want a Endura wharncliffe.

I've shot new product videos for SOG (as seen earlier in the thread), Kershaw, ZT, Benchmade, Buck, Spyderco, CRKT, Emerson, RMJ, Hogue, Kizer & WE so far. I have an appointment with Ontario tomorrow and am going to try to hit TOPS before or after... I need to link up with Cold Steel but haven't been able to get in contact with them. I got a KA-BAR vid with Ethan for the BK62 but wasn't able to get time to do the rest of the new products.

I just finished uploading my Kershaw video; had to trim off two of the new Launch knives so I'll try to go back and reshoot those tomorrow if possible. Note to self: editing video on a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet is NOT optimal! Pardon the shakey cam and terrible editing, I am learning as I go. (Video quality is at 360p until youtube's servers finish processing it, then it'll go up to 1080)

Before I watched the BladeHQ video on the new SOG lineup, I decided I'd play a drinking game: take a shot every time someone mentions SEALS/SpecOps. Unfortunately, I have now died from alchohol poisoning.

It's really too bad that I died because it looks like those high-speed types managed to design a nice suburban EDC knife.

TOPS was showing a beard comb and a "tac razor" and this backdrop in their booth:

2XywSCw.png

If I hear one more specwar cosplay sales rep tell me about "operators" I'm gonna have to take my mokuti knuck out of its microfiber pouch.

Last edited:

Gotta say, I like their both the SEAL XR and that Terminus in red G10 quite a lot, though. I'm hoping I won't loose too much of my operator cred when I only use them to open boxes and not to cut down any trees or deanimate tangos. I might use it to cut up a mango, though.

The Buck sprint has caught my eye but other than that the Protech Les George is the only knife that is on my list.

Not sure if this is true, but I was told a few years back that the owners of that little firm laugh hysterically about their marketing efforts. As in laugh all the way to the bank.
TOPS was showing a beard comb and a "tac razor" and this backdrop in their booth:

2XywSCw.png

If I hear one more specwar cosplay sales rep tell me about "operators" I'm gonna have to take my mokuti knuck out of its microfiber pouch.

I just finished uploading my Kershaw video; had to trim off two of the new Launch knives so I'll try to go back and reshoot those tomorrow if possible. Note to self: editing video on a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet is NOT optimal! Pardon the shakey cam and terrible editing, I am learning as I go. (Video quality is at 360p until youtube's servers finish processing it, then it'll go up to 1080)

Video unavailable. :)

Back