SHOT Show 2019--New Knives

I like that CRKT is doing a budget version of Ken Onion's Slacker, but WTH is 1.4116?

I like that CRKT is doing a budget version of Ken Onion's Slacker, but WTH is 1.4116?

It's a steel commonly used by major culinary knife manufacturers. High corrosion resistance, moderate to low edge retention, but tough and easily sharpened.

Being honest, since 2013-2014 only two new models released really caught my attention to the point of wanting to buy them. Coincidentally they were from Benchmade. Presidio II and Crooked River. However, from the Crooked River I have even lost the "enchatment".

On 2019, AGAIN, nothing get my attention on dedicated blades. Exception are the new Leatherman MT´s

Don't think it's been mentioned yet but Strider also released a new Hissatsu grind SMF. Basically a Tanto but with a steeper grind. Weird thing is they were also released by a couple of Strider dealers at the same time (and just about immediately sold out). These will have the newer AL show side scale.. I didn't want to steal anyone's pictures but they should still be up on ME or BLG still. (Mine won't be here til Saturday..)

Based p. The videos I have watched so far only the PM3 LW has really caught my attention
I will wait for the “teased” future color/steels to pick one
A maxamet or zome version would be my pick

In other words highly overpriced at the cost that CRKT is requiring for them...

That's what CRKT always does, so that shouldn't come as a surprise. :p Seriously, they've had a number of designs over the years I'd have been happy to pick up if the steel was just one tier better. I'm not sure why they insist on using the stuff they do, but if they just took one step up in the steel department they'd suddenly be a much heavier hitter of a company.

That's what CRKT always does, so that shouldn't come as a surprise. :p Seriously, they've had a number of designs over the years I'd have been happy to pick up if the steel was just one tier better. I'm not sure why they insist on using the stuff they do, but if they just took one step up in the steel department they'd suddenly be a much heavier hitter of a company.
Yup. I straight up want a Seismic, largely just to see what the Deadbolt Lock is all about, and even with AUS8 or similar I would likely order one, but I'm struggling to drop $85 on 1.4116.

Oh, man, just saw the Viper Key slipjoint and might have to rearrange some knife priorities. I really wish it had a pocket clip, but that is very, very pretty.

Back