SHOT Show 2019--New Knives

You do know that Spark is one of that, ahem, 0.001%, right? Perhaps, if you don't care for the folks that think Mick is an irredeemable scumbag, you shouldn't wander around the forum belonging to the guy that helped expose him as such?

How does that change anything? And I don't care one way or the other about people who make their own decisions, that is completely up to them, I was just asking if there was any proof that MOST of the users here don't like Strider. I'm not the one that threw out an opinion as fact in a thread about what knives were released at SHOT.

How does that change anything? And I don't care one way or the other about people who make their own decisions, that is completely up to them, I was just asking if there was any proof that MOST of the users here don't like Strider. I'm not the one that threw out an opinion as fact in a thread about what knives were released at SHOT.
Ah, yes, you're just the one that threw out an opinion as fact about what percentage of folks disliked Mick Strider. ;)

Something about motes in your brother's eye and logs in your own or some such deal.

Gas station knives are junk. But the person making that junk says "well I sell out every time we make them" does that mean they are great? That kind of reasoning is what you used. That's what zt says about there knives even though they make ugly designs and lock bar failures etc. But it's okay because they sell. It's okay that strider is stolen Valor because they sell out. Hmmm... No

Actually my reasoning was that for a knife company that MOST people hate they sure seem to sell a lot of knives.. If it doesn't work for you that's fine but extending that hate to MOST people here doesn't make sense. Unless you have some kind of proof. Which you haven't shown as of yet.

Last post for me and then you guys can fight over the meaning of facts vs opinions, Strider released a new folder at SHOT. Buy it or not, hate the man or not, but acting like you speak for MOST of a HUGE forum about the subject is wrong unless you can back it up. Which you have not done so far.

Have a good day

Actually my reasoning was that for a knife company that MOST people hate they sure seem to sell a lot of knives.. If it doesn't work for you that's fine but extending that hate to MOST people here doesn't make sense. Unless you have some kind of proof. Which you haven't shown as of yet.

Last post for me and then you guys can fight over the meaning of facts vs opinions, Strider released a new folder at SHOT. Buy it or not, hate the man or not, but acting like you speak for MOST of a HUGE forum about the subject is wrong unless you can back it up. Which you have not done so far.

Have a good day
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/hi-all-looking-for-strider-info.1635779/#post-18697670
Recently discussed thread among many others about the topic. Support stolen Valor all you want because that's how he built his empire of fans.

I don't think he was arguing about the ethics of the company/owner, but rather the popularity they seem to enjoy despite their known issues.

Anyone know of a good source for knife pics from shot show? I'm only seeing a few here and there.

Just saw on another website the Case is made by Southern Grind and will be available in March.

Reactions: Mo2
I just finally had time to check out the SHOT show videos...unfortunately nothing catches my eye. Darn.

New Leatherman stuff looks pretty cool. I started a thread about it in multi tools. Im definitely interested in their new stuff.

The only thing that stands out to me is the ad10 and ad15 from cold steel. Everything else looks like a rehash of old ideas or shitty new ideas

For those who find this SHOT Show boring (and by extension, the current direction of the industry) what would you like to see?

I find myself "judging a book by its cover" on most new knife releases, because not much substantive change is coming with new models.

Where could things be headed long-term that would actually reflect progress?

Speaking for myself, I'd like to see:
  • Spyderco showing progress on making their US factory's quality on par with Taichung's.
  • ZT having a semblance of brand heritage and returning to a focus on practicality instead of nonfunctional gimmicks.
  • Factory makers solving the two-stage 'tick-tock' detent ball thing on framelocks and linerlocks, like Koenig already has.
  • US companies throwing some extra screws in the box. If China can do it, the US can do it. WTF.

Back