Shot show

Status
Not open for further replies.
the idea of doing a concept rendering is so that customers can weigh in on what works for them and what doesn't. The final knife has been photographed and published here. I didn't like the way the line art reproduced on the G10 so I decided not to put it on there until I get it just right. There will be plenty more knives made and we will have fun with certain runs. If there are enough folks that really want the G10 engraved with Mr DP I will have some made up and we can show you how they are replaced. Ultimately its about getting the mix just right. So you guys have been very helpful in weighing in on what works. That doesn't mean that I don't get to do what works for me :)

In any case people who get pissed because they don't like a knife they didn't buy is kinda of an odd waste of energy.

Well said sir

... If there are enough folks that really want the G10 engraved with Mr DP I will have some made up and we can show you how they are replaced.

Count me in! I love options, or to just mix it up. I will love my knife that I have on order no doubt, but who says I might not want to rock a different scale occasionally to keep the knife fresh. I really like the Mr DP g10 scale.

I think thats one of my favorite things about the rick hinderer knives. If you get tired of the scale it came with you can rock a different color, without having to completely buy a new knife.

I know a lot of people like to rock the orange just encase they drop it in the woods. Could be another optional run for folks. I think Mr DP would look good in orange.

Just a thought.

I think it's fine the way it is.. Does it cut stuff? Does it lock open? Is it reliable? Yes to all the above?? Then just ship it and make asthetic changes on the second run.

Well I can't find the original renderings, but I'm pretty confident the renderings did not have the design on the blade.

Doesn't matter either way now. As soon as my knife arrives, it's going up for sale.

EDIT: Found the original rendering of the Mr. DP version. It did not show the current design on the blade.

hest02.jpg

This pic was originally posted 7/19/2010

Sorry for the confusion and i know i'm a bit late to the party. I missed all the insulting...crap.
This is regular production render. I know render has first run and mr.dp on g-10 engraved... real knife doesn't have that, but other then that, its very close. LE has black g-10 and different coating. There were renders of LE with MR.Dp on the blade for months on dpx-gear site.

...so are these Hest/f scales removable/replaceable or no?

Do you mean if you can take g-10 off? Yes, sure, just unscrew the screws and off it comes. But if you meant if there will be additional colors for g-10 scale offered in the future...well, i hope so. I think that would be cool.

"I missed all the insulting...crap. "

pleeeeennnnttttyyyy of time here to catch up :)) The production run will be Olive Drab with the milspec coating. It really, really looks good. Once we get these knives shipped and in your hands we will talk about fun accessories.

"I missed all the insulting...crap. "

pleeeeennnnttttyyyy of time here to catch up :)) The production run will be Olive Drab with the milspec coating. It really, really looks good. Once we get these knives shipped and in your hands we will talk about fun accessories.

Sweet. The Mr. DP scale option would be really cool. I want to para wrap my fixed HEST but won't because I like the Mr.DP scales.:D

Either way I am happy!

Looking at Lundes photos I must say that the G10 scales on the production version looks a bit slippery... The texture isn't nearly as agressive as I thought it would be (compered to the first rendering and other G10 handle scales...)

I really liked the prototype that RYP had in Burma better than any production run or LE version that I've seen thus far. That thing was sexy.

RYP, you should auction it off to someone less fortunate. I'll start it at 300 dollars.

Do I hear 350.

I really liked the prototype that RYP had in Burma better than any production run or LE version that I've seen thus far. That thing was sexy.

RYP, you should auction it off to someone less fortunate. I'll start it at 300 dollars.

Do I hear 350.

What the Bomba Clot!?!

I know you'll pay it too! Does your proto type have a price? Everything does ;)

I would have like the parkerized coating to be a little lighter and to have not coated the pivot and screws. I liked that the original rendering was a little more stylish and not as tactical. The shot show pics it looks more tactical now. Any reason you decided to coat the pivot and screws?

We can go naked on one version and coated on another. I like a dark knife because it doesn't attract someone's eye to it. The G10 is plenty "aggressive" it just doesn't show in those pics. THe lanyards, tool, spare scew etc all come with the LE (including a titanium do hickey

To me, the knife looks way nicer in real life then in pictures. Pictures just don't do it justice.
But i agree, it would look bitching in possible future non coated version.

Hey RYP,

I am very excited for my HEST F to arrive. I am also glad that they are being perfected before being shipped out..this is going to be an awesome high quality, tough knife..anyone that loses thier patience now is pissing to the wind.

cant wait to have it in my hands, thanks for doing what you can to get them here!

-G1

you mean nekkid nives? It does look good as raw steel. Back from SHOT aka the Man Herd and next year will bring a pedometer to see how many miles I actually walked. Now to sort through all those damn business cards and try to remember what the hell I was supposed to do with them!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back