• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Should I buy a knife from Amazon?

I've bought plenty of knives from Amazon, but mostly sprung for the ones whose orders are fulfilled by Amazon. If not, I check the dealer's page to make sure that they're not the type to rip people off. I find that there are better prices to be found elsewhere though but you do find very good deals there quite often (eg: 2 Kershaw Cryo for $15 each a few months back).

Bought several knives from amazon and all went perfectly smooth.

And don't buy that CRKT M16, there are some decent CRKT's but not the M16, if your set on an M16 email me and I will give you my M16-10KZ to try out.

I bought my BK9 from amazon with Bk-13 much lower prices from other dealers online and free shipping too.

The only knives I've bought on Amazon are backed by "Amazon Fulfillment" or whatever it's called.

Funny coincidence I have been going to take my chances on a Boker Epicenter for a while and just checked amazon and they were cheaper than I found anywhere so pulled the trigger then soon as I was done I pop on here and this thread is at the top lol.

I've bought knives from Amazon direct and they were ok, but I also got a fake Spyderco Military form a registered Amazon 3rd party seller. Luckily I was able to return it to the seller, but lost out on shipping charges. Never again for me.

So looks like I can buy it from Amazon. Also, some guys mentioned that Tanto edges and serrations are hard to sharpen. I have zero experiences in sharping knives, would this be a problem?

Brother I think you don't have anything to worry about as far as buying from Amazon. I buy weekly from eBay and Amazon depending on the deal and have never received a fake, but I would agree that you will probably switch to a different knife after a little while carrying that M16, because like others have said, its a PAIN to sharpen serrations and tantos. I carried a version of this that was the big dog desert tanto and i did not like having to sharpen that blade at all. Just my opinion!

Get what you want and enjoy it!
God bless!

Amazon is starting to collect state taxes. I don't know which states are affected, or all?
The knife looks pretty "bad" and you'll probably love it.
A straight flat edge is easier to sharpen, however.
You may not need to sharpen it that often, anyway. Not to worry.

I never understood why people think tantos are hard to sharpen... It's 2 straight lines lol super easy

nah, not for me I like to support my local knife store. Even if I have to pay more its nice to be able to check out the ftf, blade play , blade rock. I like to support people that share the passion.

Best of luck!!

This thread will probably be deleted since they aren't a paid dealer. Other than commonly having inaccurate photos/descriptions they're ok, I'd rather buy from a dedicated knife store like Knifeworks, GPKnives, BladeHQ, etc.

This thread will probably be deleted since they aren't a paid dealer. Other than commonly having inaccurate photos/descriptions they're ok, I'd rather buy from a dedicated knife store like Knifeworks, GPKnives, BladeHQ, etc.

same here.

For me it is different,even if i want to buy a knive from amazon i couldnt,because they don't ship knives to Greece!Maybe knifelaws in Greece-NOT EVEN A SLIPJOINT-!!??

I buy from whoever has the product I want for the best price. As long as its a reputable source I dont owe anyone my business. Just because they are a paid dealer here doesnt mean they get my business . I pay my way here too.

I am just afraid that the seller will give me a fake knife or something, that's all.

A fake what? All of CRKT knives are copies That is what they do. But CRKT is very good about paying royalities to the designers. What do you expect for $28?

Amazon is generally just fine and you can always return it for a refund if you wish to put in the effort. I personally would not for $28 regardless of what it turns out to be.

i buy from whoever has the product i want for the best price. As long as its a reputable source i dont owe anyone my business. Just because they are a paid dealer here doesnt mean they get my business . I pay my way here too.

what you said!

I've never had any trouble with Amazon. I mostly get cheap knives there (Kershaw, SOG, a couple Spydercos). I mostly get directly from Amazon because Prime gets me free shipping, except from third parties. On the knife, it really wouldn't be useful for EDC, unless your daily tasks involve stabbing through people. At this price I'd pick up a Spyderco Tenacious or Kershaw Skyline

Back