Show me your Blur!

Hope I dont offend any purists, but I took my limited zdp blur and put the blade on a rescue handle. It'll cut a seat belt like butter and smash a window in a hurry!

blurrescuemodified.jpg

Love my blur!! Thing cuts like a laser and fits my hand like a glove. I gotta find a ZDP, those things look downright perfect

Hadn't been interested in the blur to much until you guys posted pics of that purple one. Being my favorite color, I think I just fell in love with the "seemingly" unattainable. The search is now on........ :)

I don't like you guys, making me spend money on more knives! :p Just out of curiosity, what do you reckon the purple Blur is valued at?

I don't like you guys, making me spend money on more knives! :p Just out of curiosity, what do you reckon the purple Blur is valued at?
Why, you have one you want to sell? :)

I don't know if the number actually produced has ever been determined which would determine the value. I've seen 2. One with a black blade and a model designation, and a purple with a 1670RD marking on the blade with the bead blast finish.
I'm sure Thomas could tell us, and maybe he has and I've just never seen it.. but I don't believe he has or will. I think he gets a kick out of watching us all go mad trying to track down our own unobtainable purple Blur. I know if I was in his position I'd sure as hell get a kick out of it. I even get great entertainment out of these speculation threads and I'm going crazy trying to find one myself.

It's great marketing for Kershaw for what I think is a line of knives that doesn't get the attention it deserves (and hopefully won't get until I own one of every model and then can get lots of attention and drive all of their values up!!!)

photo.jpg

A shot of my Blur S60V Blem, my favorite knife, and my EDC since i got it ~3 yrs ago.

Sorry for the crappy cell pic...i gotta get some nice shots of my knives and gins for insurance purposes....yeah, that's what i'll tell the wife. For some reason she finds it strange that a grown man takes pictures of guns and knives...i dunno why?...hehe

No pic right now, try to get one up, but I scored a s60v Blur Blem for a grand total of $30 shipped in very good condition with factory edge. It has become my favorite EDC, favorite Kershaw and almost constant companion. I use it hard too, cutting everything from cardboard to thick zip ties and cat5 & 6 cabling. I dented the edge pretty good once on phone line of all things, it was hard to sharpen out. Anybody know what they were going for new? The blems that is.

I don't have a purple one, but I do have these two that have been pretty well used.
gooeytek9-10-2011-2.jpg

Thanks, I missed the initial sale of the blems and scored mine here on the exchange. I've had it for about 3 years now and EDC it Monday through Friday, switching out for something bigger on the weekends like my g10 tyrade!

When Thomas, himself has to PS a purple blur..... You know they're elusive and hard to get.:eek:
( They are Photoshopped right????)

It could just be my phone, but the blur on the right looks like a purple and black smoke blur?

You are killing me Thomas. But thanks for sharing. Would you share some info about those two models?

Last edited:
Back