Show us some WORKSHOP PICTURES

Still in the midst of installing and rearranging stuff.

I'm truly thrilled for those that have facilities they can keep like an operating room - I just don't happen to be one of them!
About once a week I open the doors and clean out my shops with a Stihl leaf blower!
Here's the lane to get to Andersen Forge!
tg2.jpg

The house and shop back in the woods:
tg4.jpg

Andersen Forge!
f1-1.jpg

A few forging shop fotos:
p-1.jpg

f5-1.jpg

DSCF0001-1.jpg

And the finish Shop:

s2-1.jpg

s1-1.jpg

Hard at work:
cpm-1.jpg

Karl, I would feel comfortable in your shop. I to use a blower to clean my shop. Looks like you have a little peice of heaven. I know some folks that have spotlessly clean shops, they never seem to get anything done.

Karl I would feel right at home in your shop looks like all the tools are right where they should be.

Great pictures guys!

I am sure that quite a few knifemakers will get great ideas from
just exploring every corner in them...

Keep them coming!

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Karl,

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has a shop that has that "cluttered" look to it. If you blow it out once a week than you're doing better than I.

So far my new forging shop is still in the set-up stage but I'm sure before long it will have that "lived in" look as well.

I noticed that your welding table is an I-beam. I just found an old 14" channel from a large truck bumper (cut off all but 4' of it) at the local junk yard that will be mine. I hadn't thought of putting wheels on it like you have though. Good idea!

Gary

Karl,
I noticed that your welding table is an I-beam. I just found an old 14" channel from a large truck bumper (cut off all but 4' of it) at the local junk yard that will be mine. I hadn't thought of putting wheels on it like you have though. Good idea!

Gary

Good eye, Gary!
I'll bet there's a few other makers watching this thread as well, so here's a better shot of that "portable" welding table.
I have lately welded some additional tool holders to it, as well as made the bottom portion more capable of holding "things" by welding on some stops.
Also, notice the 1/2 "C" clamp welded to the end for clamping billet handles while grinding scale off!
It also works in tandem with the mill vise and will other wise just be a third hand during welding tasks.
(Those are 1" square 5160 legs!)
toolA-1.jpg

Here are two pictures I shot when visiting Francesco Pachi in Italy.
For health reasons Francesco has left his very successful career as
a world-class custom knifemaker and gone back to full time
professional photography.

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

From my book "... Modern Custom Knifemaking" (2006)
Pachi%27s-Templates.jpg

Pachi%27s-workshop-%286x-picture-size%29.jpg

Here is a snap shop I took of a cramped machining area in my shop for a "dirtiest shop picts thread" a while back.

shop2.jpg

Here is my new shop I built this summer, still needs a bit of finishing here and there. I have another shop at work where I have my weldingforge and regular forge and my BigBlu in my forging area.

Foto-Z6OCRYTO.jpg

Can anyone tell me who's shop this is?

005.jpg

The Flagstone forge where the Master worked and rediscovered Damascus!

007.jpg

008.jpg

25 lb. hammer

009.jpg

Wire inlay vise

011.jpg

Master Smith Jay Hendrickson demonstrating.

018.jpg

I recently had the opportunity to visit this "Mecca" for Bladesmiths for the second time! The first time was in 2005 when Mr. W.F. Moran was there in person!

Steve
----------
Potomac Forge
----------
IN GOD WE TRUST

Here are some somewhat random pics that might be of interest to some of the folks here :)

Here's some fat, ugly guy forging away...
orig.jpg

Here's a blade coming out of the salt bath...it's kind'a hot and stuff.
orig.jpg

same goofy guy, different view

orig.jpg

Here's where I spend most of my time.... this is my hand-work area. It's specifically set-up for hand sanding in this pic. Look familiar John White??? :D Great minds must think alike? ;)

standard.jpg

Here's the view looking toward my 100# Little Giant trip hammer... in the midst of being rebuilt (sometime, lol)
standard.jpg

Here is my book creating "workshop" as of 2006.
I really should get an updated picture as my "equipment"
has been upgraded since then...

This is where each book begins and ends...

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Preface-3.jpg

I am really enjoying this thread.
Here are a few "shop tours" including a new one shot Yesterday (Jan 8)
Much Respect...

[youtube]aikFQ3atyYo[/youtube]

[youtube]V6msXSiJUds[/youtube]

[youtube]dtVgVdXpmVI[/youtube]

[youtube]FYJjbfR83UU[/youtube]

I don't have much of a shop to show, but here goes.
My forge. Just a cinder block on a steel tray with a blower from an old gas furnace. Cost: $30
Latest_Forge_Update_by_angusman219.jpg

My anvil. A piece a railroad track I got for free, mounted on a log. I'm glad it had the holes drilled in it already, otherwise I would have had a heck of a time mounting it.
Anvil_by_angusman219.jpg

Wood storage rack with power tools in back ground. My dad and I share the shop. He makes wood projects and I make my knives. Taken on one of the few clean days.
Wood_Storage_by_angusman219.jpg

Forging toolbox with hammers.
Forging_Toolbox_by_angusman219.jpg

My handle material stash. Hickory and walnut pulled of old crates.
IMG_0661.jpg

[youtube]wUL-hr3Vnqs[/youtube]

Much Respect from Texas

[youtube]1Y75bmACPEw[/youtube]

Back