Show us what's in your survival kit.

Stage2 - Its a Boy Scout Survival Pack ($12 from www.scoutstuff.org) . Nice little pouch...

Psy-ops - Yeah, Pitbulls are allowed to carry pretty much what they want in this area.. You couldn't catch her to gather evidence anyway (that dog leaves a vapor trail behind her when she runs, fastest dog I've ever owned..)

Actually, the knife is single edged, no dagger. I never found much value to double-edged knives..

great thread,

I posted these pics a while ago but they fit here, since I posted them have added a couple (thanks guys) , a golf pencil and about 35feet of spiderwire fishing line , a couple needles for sewing and a couple buttons

in my Vic tin I have a couple band aids, some moist towellets, a bug bite towellet, few peices of paper, small red DMT shapener, light my fire ferro rod
and striker, small bic lighter and the stuff I mentioned above

tinderkit has fatwood, steelwool,and cottonballs

neck knife and a couple "ranger bands" to hold it together and there you go,

snakesandstuff027-1.jpg

snakesandstuff032-1.jpg

cya
jimi

So, you've been in a survival situation and those three things are all you needed? Could you tell us that story?

Nah, I can't tell you a story of how I used just a Mora and a space blanket for days, then got the attention of a rescue helicopter with the firesteel at night. That would be a lie. But I know that in the area I'm in, those are the only things I've needed for an outdoors "adventure" that lasts anywhere from a day to five days. If they haven't found me, or I haven't established contact within five days, I'm in a place I shouldn't be. In that case, I'll use my knowledge and limited tools to hunt and make a more-permanent shelter and more tools. I know it's all "how can you say that when you've never been put in that situation?" but it's what I've experienced and believe.

Sorry to thread-jack.

I carry a BCB Military Survival Tin,a Victorinox Forester or Soldier,a Buck 110 Folding Hunter,Primus Ignition fire starter,tinder(cotton),bandages.For a larger knife - Mora 2000,Mora Classic 2 or KA-BAR USMC.oR A tRAMONTINA MACHETE.I also carry a US ARMY canteen.These days I expect a chinise version of smoe Maxpedition pack.Vergy good and close to the original and it costs - around 15 $.i think to put all the things in it. :D

I love these threads. I wonder how this one slipped past (bump). I'll add some pictures to this thread later on

Hi folks, long time reader infrequent poster.

Hoodlum blade with sheath kit. Blind horse Tiger Knapp hooked in the back for small tasks. Silva matchcase/compass in the pocket. Some Other odds n ends.

PB020127.jpg

PB020132.jpg

PB020128.jpg

Pouch kits. I've made some changes since I took these pictures. I had rigged a set of pace beads to the neck strap but that didn't work right, so I made a proper set and store them inside the kit.

PB020086.jpg

PB020088.jpg

PB020089.jpg

PB020091.jpg

Small Buck folder and a homemade signal mirror.

PB020092.jpg

PB020101.jpg

Same idea, dupicate kit.

PB020103.jpg

Last edited:
^ Nice Hoodlum/kit. Here is what my kit is looking like lately, I have a "tin" comming, so I'll have an update in about a week.
survivalbag001.jpg

survivalbag002.jpg

I'm surprised I havent seen anyone with surgical tubing. I keep it because you can make slingshots & tourniquets with it but also can use it as a straw to drink from a solar still to not disturb it to get to the water or down in little puddles of rainwater. I used to carry fish tank type tubing but changed tipo heavy duty surgical tubing because of its wider range of uses. Plus it doesn't take up much room and doesn't kink like fish tank tubing can. Just my .02 worth If anyone cares, it's a decent little thingamajig to have

I use to carry some surgical tubing years back, but just have not been adding it to my kit lately.

Bryan

Yea I don't see many people even talking about making solar stills or anything, it's usually purifying water from a stream or something but if there is no stream it's good to be able to do, and having to take the whole still apart to drink the water then put it back together sucks and you lose a lot of moisture too. Plus the other uses, I just figured some people would carry them. There's a ton of awsome kits that have given me some good ideas so I thought maybe I could return the favor.

Back