Show us your Randalls

Put an order in with Gary Clinton back in February for 5 RMK’s and two of them are headed my way, both #16 SP1’s with options, I have two #26 Pathfinders and one #25 Trapper yet to be completed but Gary said he should have them before the end of this year.

Last edited:

clk

Cut it out and eveled thank you for the kind words. As well to the others for all the “likes”.

Here is a Bradford that is in Sheldon’s book. Page 84, IIRC. E0DBCA70-E637-457E-BB8C-785A931428B7.jpeg 22FB0730-A16C-4E46-9CAA-D968DFF5DC07.jpeg

Last edited:

eveled

Gold Member
It’s beautiful. It’s actually the knife I am planning to order as my retirement present.

Got these in from Gary Clinton last month, they were shipped to him in two shipments from mid-November to early December. I ordered 5 RMK’s from Gary in February 2019, (1) #25, (2) #26’s and (2) #16 SP1’s, the two #16 SP1’s came first followed by the balance of my order.

Model 25 - Trapper w/a stainless blade
ibKRDBQ.jpg

Model 26 - Pathfinder w/a nickel silver hilt and butt plate
XO14stj.jpg

XO14stj

Model #16 SP1 Fighter w/a nickel silver double hilt, Border Patrol grip and a black model-A sheath
aog2jEE.jpg

Last edited:

Ankerson

Knife and Computer Geek
Gold Member
Those are Heavy Duty knives! Great comparison photo!

Thanks. :)

The 14 is much more so though, I like the handle better as it's wider, more hand filling. :)

I can really see what they had in mind when they designed the 14. It's a real beast that should be able to take anything short of someone trying to break it in purpose.

I know the history behind the model and it's development and intended use. I am bias as I was in the USMC. :D

Melvin-Purvis

Not a Registered User
Staff member
Super Mod
The knife of many sheaths (NFS) - when I bought this pre-owned Randall Model 16 SP1 Fighter twenty years ago, it came with a loose-stitch Johnson Roughback sheath. That, coupled with the new FL blade stamp, indicate a mid to late 1980’s production window; or, an early version of this model.

Shown as Photo 142 on page 153 of my reference book with a high quality Kydex sheath - over the years it’s also been sheathed in black, waxed, no-hone, or some combination therein. Today, it has a new option, a recently acquired custom Sullivan’s Roughback sheath; a full-tang Model #1-7 by another name, this one fits me perfectly.

16 SP1 1.jpg 16 Sp1 2.jpg

Ankerson

Knife and Computer Geek
Gold Member
The knife of many sheaths (NFS) - when I bought this pre-owned Randall Model 16 SP1 Fighter twenty years ago, it came with a loose-stitch Johnson Roughback sheath. That, coupled with the new FL blade stamp, indicate a mid to late 1980’s production window; or, an early version of this model.

Shown as Photo 142 on page 153 of my reference book with a high quality Kydex sheath - over the years it’s also been sheathed in black, waxed, no-hone, or some combination therein. Today, it has a new option, a recently acquired custom Sullivan’s Roughback sheath; a full-tang Model #1-7 by another name, this one fits me perfectly.

View attachment 1402626 View attachment 1402627

Looking good. :)

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC