1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

show your griptilian(s)

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by benchmyderco, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    tgtodd likes this.
  2. grybsh7

grybsh7 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2007
    [​IMG]

3. holo07

holo07 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2008
    [​IMG]

4. Nbrackett

Jun 19, 2015
    Who made the 3rd set of scales?

5. holo07

Jul 21, 2008
    d.o.a.t. I was told, I bought them second hand on the b.m. forum. they are awesome as nice as the wilks and a little thinner

6. Nbrackett

Jun 19, 2015
    I thought they might be DOAT but I've never seen any of his in that style. I like!

7. Acadian

Acadian Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2015
    very nice - out of all those custom scales, which one would you say is your favorite?

8. holo07

Jul 21, 2008
    I love them all, but the last to go if I sell them would be the d.o.a.t. Scales they are awesome

9. Acadian

Apr 21, 2015
    interesting. the other scales appear to be a tad longer - I'd think those would be a bit more comfortable in hand.

10. omenwolf

omenwolf

Jan 5, 2014
    [​IMG]

11. Elite_KG

Elite_KG Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Updated:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  12. Brusiedmeat

Brusiedmeat Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2015
    [​IMG]

13. BladeCommander

BladeCommander Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Just got this one. My only one. I am really liking the hand filling Wilkins scales.

[​IMG]

14. 338375

Nov 4, 2006
    I like it. Haven't seen Wilkins in the light blue before :thumbup:

15. Acadian

Apr 21, 2015
    [​IMG]

16. BladeCommander

Nov 13, 2012
    On another note, as anyone had trouble operating the axis lock with one finger with Wilkins Scales? Mine are a little thicker right at the Axis bar, and don't allow as much purchase as stock scales. Makes it a little difficult for my thumb to grab the axis bar and close the knife. It works much better with thumb and index finger, but that's not how I normally operate the lock. I will try to remember to get a photo of what I mean and post it.

If someone can get a quick TOP view pic of a mini Wilkins grip to illustrate what I mean. Only a small portion of the axis lock will be exposed beyond the scales.

17. Acadian

Apr 21, 2015
    Just snapped this quickly with my phone - not super clear but gives you an idea.

[​IMG]

18. Elite_KG

Elite_KG Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I have had a set of Wilkins, but I sold them. I dont recall having that issue, but I dont use a one-finger technique. Always two. I guess "I roll my own" scales these days so I get what I want from a set.

19. Acadian

Apr 21, 2015
    +1

Same here

20. BladeCommander

Nov 13, 2012
    That is definitely the photo I wanted. I have had success using 2 finger close, but my usual preference is just my thumb and as shown only a very small portion is above the scales for purchase. I have been working on my technique for these scales, but it was very obvious to me quickly that they are thicker right at the axis cutout.

Thanks for the photo, and I will continue to use 2 fingers with my Wilkins mini.