Show your HDFK!

I want that chair Tom uses. That wicker pattern is perfect. All I have is ziggyzaggy plastic, oh woe is me.

Last edited:
While sitting in my recliner playing with my HDFK last night something finally occured to me as to why I kept handling the knife despite not having used it yet. Why it feels sort of familiar, but still sort of new.

When I really started enjoying time in the woods as a teenager I bought myself a Kabar. That was a huge purchase for me when I was working part time for minimum wage. It was also a huge leap in knives for me as far as steel and quality. I learned how to sharpen knives with that one through trial and error, and I beat the crap out of it for years. It wasn't an ideal bushcraft tool by most people's standards... the guard just got in the way and the sharpened clip was more or less pointless, but I was comfortable with it and I loved it.

By the time I retired that knife I had broken the tip off, shifted the guard and handle sideways, and gone through several sheaths. I bought a new Kabar to replace it that had a fancy rubber handle and used it for a year or so before I discovered semi-production knives and dove in head first into nicer knives and better steels. The replacement Kabar went into a drawer.

Maybe it is the size of the HDFK being almost the exact same length, with the handle swell being about the same location on the knife relative the tip. Maybe it's the fact that along with my LC's these are the first knives I've owned since then that had fullers. Whatever it is, I think this is why the HDFK feels so familiar to me.

image1 (13).JPG

I can feel it !! I'll be posting here soon with pics :) :)
There's no rush, but I'm just saying :)

Really can't wait these just look amazing

Thanks to all who've been posting pics !!!!

Not my pic, but that's my sheath! Thank you again @grogimus!

WQpWYYC.jpg

Just got mine, no pics yet, but I can tell this is a great knife. Also, first thing I noticed was what a great sheath it came with. Makes me want to give up playing with kydex it's so good. The knife is lighter than I expected, and the small details are so precise. Can't wait to use it!

The wavy fibers in the antique micarta are very unique. Almost art-like...:)
t1LDrCm.jpg

Those are some unique transmissive medium which transmits to Nathan's cerebral cortex via conductive telepathy. Once you hold his NASKs, he can see your whole life in his mind!

Last edited:
Back