Signalprick/JWRitchie Knives Slipjoint Recovers, Mods and WIPS

Hello Bladeforums and specifically BF Porch Dwellers! I wanted to start my own thread to show pictures of my slippie mods and works in progress also to foster any conversation, questions or comments about modding and hopefully, eventually making slip joints. Thanks for taking a peek!

First up are my most recent completions. An ebony #15 with a bottle opener delete and a recover of an 85. I redressed it in natural canvas micarta. No shield on this one as the owner wanted a no nonsense user.
View attachment 1282987

View attachment 1282989

Next is a Waynorth #86 Blackjack pen blade delete. I've done a bunch of these and I've said many times, if you find this one in stock form a little too chunky you really owe it to yourself to explore having it slimmed down! Personally once slimmed I prefer this clip blade and size over a #77 and certainly over the #15 and I'm not a big fan of larger knives. If you own the 2019 BF you know what I mean!
View attachment 1282991

View attachment 1282992

View attachment 1282993

View attachment 1282994
Are your books open for work? I’m about to buy a #15 sheepsfoot with ebony covers and would like amber sawcut bone covers instead. Is that something you could do? Or recommend me to someone who could do it?

I very much need to start reading this thread from page one to here in detail.
Looking forwards to this very much.
Jason you have grown so quickly in the way of a Cutler whom today is producing seriously nice work.
Well done - amazing stuff.

Are your books open for work? I’m about to buy a #15 sheepsfoot with ebony covers and would like amber sawcut bone covers instead. Is that something you could do? Or recommend me to someone who could do it?
Hello,
I no longer offer recover work out of my shop. My primary focus is on my own custom pocket knives. There is a gentleman on IG, username slipjoint_spa. His name is David. I have done collab work with him and he does fantastic work with his recovers. Better than I ever did honestly! I would also recommend glennbad here on the forum. Glenn is highly respected for his recover work and is also as professional as it gets. You wouldn't go wrong if either of these fine gentleman had your knife in their shop.

I very much need to start reading this thread from page one to here in detail.
Looking forwards to this very much.
Jason you have grown so quickly in the way of a Cutler whom today is producing seriously nice work.
Well done - amazing stuff.
Thank you Duncan! :) I hope you are doing well sir.

Hello,
I no longer offer recover work out of my shop. My primary focus is on my own custom pocket knives. There is a gentleman on IG, username slipjoint_spa. His name is David. I have done collab work with him and he does fantastic work with his recovers. Better than I ever did honestly! I would also recommend glennbad here on the forum. Glenn is highly respected for his recover work and is also as professional as it gets. You wouldn't go wrong if either of these fine gentleman had your knife in their shop.
And what if I don’t have instagram? Is there another way to get ahold of him?

I can 110% vouch for Slip_Joint Spa. He's doing some incredible work.

I can also highly recommend Glenn. He has done multiple knives for me, and is actually working on one right now for a giveaway I held. :)

I am doing very well Jason matey.
Hope you are going well too, looking forward to hearing you guys again sometime soon.

Jason, we need to flood this Thread with photo's of your Knives - hopefully one day soon it will be!

I am doing very well Jason matey.
Hope you are going well too, looking forward to hearing you guys again sometime soon.

Jason, we need to flood this Thread with photo's of your Knives - hopefully one day soon it will be!
I'll let the collectors determine but I'd prefer a separate thread for my customs. When I started this thread I had no plans to delve into making my own knives. Now that I make my own I'd like to avoid any confusion. :)

And what if I don’t have instagram? Is there another way to get ahold of him?

Glenn is a member here. glennbad glennbad is his username but you’ll need to buy a paid membership here to direct message him. It is worth the cost because BladeForums is awesome.

At the peril of losing some interesting info, you may have no choice but to lock this thread, Jason!! Or you will get no lasting peace!! :rolleyes:
You may be correct Charlie. I'll let it ride for now. It's not a huge bother at the moment. :)

Back