Simple Simon met a Pieman

As they say, "Less is more". I'd like to order one with a much lower atomic number. Can I get one with a core of liquid Hydrogen. It should keep my hand nice and cool when in use.

There's a helium filled option for the ultralight guys:D

That would make a nice lock for the pin, but nope.
Your close in the sense that it won't look like Saturn from the outside.

That would make a nice lock for the pin, but nope.
Your close in the sense that it won't look like Saturn from the outside.

It would work, just have to drill a round hole through the scales and and a small round hole through the larger pin, put glue in both holes and slide the pin in the hole so the hole in the pin is in line with the hole in the tang, no key hole on the outside.

That would definitely lock a pin in good, but not the plan here.
This is an idea that got stuck in my head a while ago that I've been wanting to try out. It's a possible train wreck, but I'm gonna give it a whirl.

Eureka! It's the keyway for the skeleton key used to lock the knife from unauthorized use in order to make it CA legal!!! :D

Where's my prize? :p

Pin with indentations in the middle hole.
Little springs with balls in the 2 channels.
Push the pin in and the springs will lock the pin though not too tight so that with some pressure the pin can be pushed out.
Would make a cool take down knife.
But looking at the rest of the holes I doubt it unless it's just an experiment.

Eureka! It's the keyway for the skeleton key used to lock the knife from unauthorized use in order to make it CA legal!!! :D

Where's my prize? :p
Connnngratulatuons Jared, you just won a trip for two to Jamaica on you're very own llama!
2009lmadzonkgoat.jpg

Pin with indentations in the middle hole.
Little springs with balls in the 2 channels.
Push the pin in and the springs will lock the pin though not too tight so that with some pressure the pin can be pushed out.
Would make a cool take down knife.
But looking at the rest of the holes I doubt it unless it's just an experiment.
Whoa, that's my arch nemesis- "more is more"! Can we add some hydraulics and cantilevers?:D
Welcome to our ghost town by the way..

It's much simpler than that. Hint: Don't get hung up on the outline.

A diamond-shaped pin? The round holes prevent stress risers?

I'll take one more guess, your going to put 3 pins side by side with the largest being the center.

Whoa, that's my arch nemesis- "more is more"! Can we add some hydraulics and cantilevers?:D
Welcome to our ghost town by the way..

It's much simpler than that. Hint: Don't get hung up on the outline.
Thank you. :-D
The channels left and right of the hole could allow the hole to flex a bit and thus you could hammer in a pin which is slightly bigger than the hole and it'll stick in there pretty good. That might hold better than a perfect pin which could slide in and out of a perfect hole (until it's peened on both sides over the scales)

I was able to score a large amount of Blackwood, that I was told were reject blocks from a Cello maker. Apparently anything other than absolutely perfect straight grain is a no go in Cello making.

Needless to say, the stuff looks great. I sliced a piece off to test how it was going to cut on my band saw and after polishing up a bit found nice grain and chatoyance (fancy French word to describe the sheen and glimmer you see in some wood). Anyways, I think this will make for some nice scales. It was hard to photograph.

I was able to score a large amount of Blackwood, that I was told were reject blocks from a Cello maker. Apparently anything other than absolutely perfect straight grain is a no go in Cello making.

Needless to say, the stuff looks great. I sliced a piece off to test how it was going to cut on my bandsaw and after polishing up a bit found nice grain and chatoyance (fancy French word to describe the sheen and glimmer you see in some wood). Anyways, I think this will make for some nice scales. It was hard to photograph.

That will look great once you polish it up, or contrast it with some Curly Maple.

Ooooh, you're hot like Wasabi Jared! But it's even simpler than that. You're second sentence is spot on.

A rectangular pin then? I can't think of anything else.

Needless to say, the stuff looks great. I sliced a piece off to test how it was going to cut on my band saw and after polishing up a bit found nice grain and chatoyance (fancy French word to describe the sheen and glimmer you see in some wood). Anyways, I think this will make for some nice scales. It was hard to photograph.

Oooh. Purdy!!! I'm trying to resist buying one of these, but you're not making it easy...

Back