• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Sketchen Scales Customs

I love the OD Green!
Is the G10 the same thickness as EKI, buddy?
rolf

Hello sir im looking to get new scales for my Gerber Fatty im lookin for black micarta

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Cudabort, I'm not familiar with that model but may be able to help if it has liners. Please email me with some pictures at sketchenscales@gmail.com.

Spyderco native 5 with desert ironwood and matching bead.
This one has seen some serious use and the lockbar is well worn in. Still locks up rock solid. Kudos to Spyderco!

Time is very limited lately with my son starting school. Trying to keep up on emails but almost all my free time is going toward doing actual work. Sorry for any communication delays. Finally had a chance to edit some pictures of recent work:

Boker kwaiken tuxedo with maroon linen micarta:

That would look nice on say a PM2

Quite a few to finish up in the next week or so. Here are a few that just went out. Gayle Bradley with shadetree coffeebag, custom kwaikens with westinghouse micarta pieces, dragonfly with curly koa, and a massive cleaver with black /orange g10:

Thanks guys! Crazy start to the month with my mother in law moving in next door... Now that she's settled in I'm back to work and going through emails as quickly as possible.

A couple more gayle bradley 2 sets in redwood burl:

I'm look for a custom handle solution for a Survive! Knives GSO 5.1 (old version)... If that's something you can do, we can get into the material / color details later, but basically something more 3D contoured than the stock scales, held together with some nice Loveless style fasteners ground flush to the scales instead of the stock screw-head bolts which sit in bored-out indents...

Can you make scales for an assisted ZT0350 something like a coyote brown or earth camo G10?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

The suspense in waiting for you to see my email is worse than waiting for Christmas haha. I NEED (not want, NEED) a set of your scales in my life. Looking to have my ZT 0909 done in a light colored burl wood. Not too picky over which one, just that it's light colored and burled. I know you're probably swamped with requests but hopefully I can get on the list!

Therom - that won't be a problem. Send me an email to discuss.

Monochrome - I did see your email but haven't had a chance to check my burl stock. I can certainly do a set in some type of light burl though.
They'll have to be a bit thicker than but I'd recommend that anyway. The stock scales make for an uncomfortably sharp grip in my opinion.
I'll shoot an email response sent your way tomorrow.

Howaml - that way a one off resin block from traviszumwalt. Not something you'll see again but the owner of the scales may be selling them if your interested. Let me know and I'll ask.

Back