• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Sketchen Scales Customs

Therom - that won't be a problem. Send me an email to discuss.

Monochrome - I did see your email but haven't had a chance to check my burl stock. I can certainly do a set in some type of light burl though.
They'll have to be a bit thicker than but I'd recommend that anyway. The stock scales make for an uncomfortably sharp grip in my opinion.
I'll shoot an email response sent your way tomorrow.

Howaml - that way a one off resin block from traviszumwalt. Not something you'll see again but the owner of the scales may be selling them if your interested. Let me know and I'll ask.

No thanks, I was just curious as to what the material was as it's very interesting.

I bought a domino scale from you last year and I'm going to have to get a set for my pm2 now. Can't make up my mind between the black dyed mango or the maroon micarta. Anybody want to help with my decision?

I bought a domino scale from you last year and I'm going to have to get a set for my pm2 now. Can't make up my mind between the black dyed mango or the maroon micarta. Anybody want to help with my decision?

Go for the one that pulls you the most.

Really nice work! Too bad you don't do frn spyderco knives, my incoming stretch would look nice dressed a set.

He does...

SKETCHENSCALES%20Black%20Palm%20Stretch%20Right.JPG

Also the Delica and Endura.

Good to hear. I took the original post saying "no frn spyderco's" and didn't check through all the rest of the pages.

Sorry to burst the bubble here, but that one started as a stainless steel-linered G10 Stretch 2, not a FRN model. Steve also made an amazing one for me in Koa - also required the brown G10 Stretch 2. Cheers, Radioactive :)

Has anybody heard from spketch lately?Looks like he hasn't posted since Nov 27 of last year.I've emailed him with no response.Thanks

Last edited:
I've had a couple emails from Steve in the last week, and just got a shipping notice for some scales I've been waiting on yesterday. :D

Trying to get though email backlog, doing the actual work has taken priority with time very scarce the past month or so.
Made the mistake of "upgrading" photo bucket around Thanksgiving and the new version is just awful. Once I figure it out more photos will be going up here (again, hasn't been a top priority)

Bigkurthaze, I did indeed ship yours out. The 0909 is rock solid and looking beautiful!

Still filling orders in the order in which they are recieved. Please email if interested to reserve a spot.

Steve,I've sent you an email about doing some scales and a matching backspacer on a Benchmade 484.I'd like to have it done in a ironwood burl,redwood burl or cocobolo burl.I would be happy with any of these,whichever you might have that has the most interesting/distinctive grain.Here's some examples from this thread of ones I really like.....

RedWood%20Burl_zpslgrdixyv.jpg

20131102_150821_zpsc70pihgz.jpg

PhotoGrid_1446078918470_zpsm17bi90n.jpg

Steve...sent you an email a few days ago, but have not yet heard back. Looking for a scale and backspacer for a Maserin Police knife.

Back