Skull Beads???

this topic belongs in a fashion forum. I thought this was a knife discussion forum, not an interior decorations or fashion design forum.

this topic belongs in a fashion forum. I thought this was a knife discussion forum, not an interior decorations or fashion design forum.

Well, the thread is about skull beads on a knife.

Not beaded into hair, hung on tablecloths, or clothing.
Thus, it is knife related, and a suitable topic of discussion. :)

Why do some men wear fruity rainbow colors? I don't understand why they would choose such soft feminine colors just like OP doesn't understand skull lanyards.

No skull bead...or Hello Kitty bead :D

No Hello Kitty bead? Fail!

Anyway, people like trinkets, they have for centuries. For those that carry a knife, a little paracord fob and a bead is a way to simply dress up their knife or add a little bling to keep things from being too boring. Most people don't have a specific reason if asked, they just like what they like.

General means involving, applying to, or affecting the whole. This is the general knife discussion.

I like skull beads on my lanyards. I'm also a fan of NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL team and Ghost Rider.

Curtiss02.jpg

General means involving, applying to, or affecting the whole. This is the general knife discussion Woodcamonut.

I do respect others preferences, that's why I started this thread. I wanted to see others opinions around this trend. I thought hmm... maybe I'm missing something because the skull has always appeared to represent a child like image to me, same with flames (something you might find on a toy car for example) it has always seemed cheesy to me. I assure you I'm not trying to troll, only to understand. Maybe I could have worded it differently.

What's to understand? It's someone personal preference. Remember, the opinion you have in your head about something doesn't mean anything to anyone else but yourself until you push it on to others. Freedom....it's a great thing.

Maybe they're not scared of it, maybe some people just don't understand why others choose metro sexual fashion.

I don't understand fashion at all...just ask my wife. :)
I just try to wear clothes without holes that have been recently washed.

I use lanyards with beads/skull beads all the time. They make great zipper pulls for your gear bags and help me find and retrieve my knives from my pocket or wherever in a more convenient fashion.
NTM...they make me look cool ;)
Don't knock it til you try it.

What's to understand? It's someone personal preference. Remember, the opinion you have in your head about something doesn't mean anything to anyone else but yourself until you push it on to others. Freedom....it's a great thing.
Completely agree with you about freedom! what's to understand? I get that it's their preference, I want to know why. That's why asked what's the appeal.

How far back does their popularity go? I would guess that they come from military fashion, like "tactical" folders.

Back